[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to make the most of fleeting youth? Should I just get absoutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 179552.png (329 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
179552.png
329 KB, 540x405
How to make the most of fleeting youth? Should I just get absoutely hammered?
>>
how old? occupation?
>>
>>17192405
I flip burgers
>>
have any goals if yes what are they?
>>
>>17192489
College soon going into finance (probably)
I just want to have a really good time. A good memory. Something
>>
plan a big trip with friends, camping? I stayed at my grandparents beach house for a good while with a group of my best friends before we all went to college and it is still my favourite memory of my final days before university. Drinking is great but going to town and just drinking at a friends place is stuff you can always come back and do, do a big thing somewhere special before you all part ways
>>
File: 373220.png (102 KB, 280x246) Image search: [Google]
373220.png
102 KB, 280x246
>with friends
Funny story
Uh

Maybe i'll just drive somewhere cool
>>
no friends OP? maybe close time with family/siblings? especially older ones that would really appreciate it or close ones you would really miss
>>
>>17192537
I'll go with my brother. Where should I go
>>
a road trip sounds cool, you could head to the beach or rent a cabin out or go to a big city together? If you're American (i'm not) you could stay in an old rent able firewatch tower. (i've always wanted to do that)
>>
Get some kind of education. Better if the education is in a hands on topic like engineering, business, or a marketable art like graphic design. Remember, I'm NOT promoting STEM - getting a theoretical science degree like biology or chemistry is no more useful than getting an arts degree like English or political science.

Take the most interesting paths open to you. For example, consider teaching abroad - for a lot of third world teaching positions you don't even need a degree, though you do want to get TESL-certified, and make sure to go to a good program so you don't get ripped off. Basically, travel. Another option is military, but if you're gonna go military MAKE SURE you're getting a good skill - coast guard is good for this, as they'll teach you anything from boating to environmental science. Avoid the army.

MAKE SURE you're developing a skill. Consider getting an entry level position at a club, then learn from club promoters how they do their jobs. Or learn from the bartenders. Or become a line cook. Learn a real skill, and find mentors.

If you waste your 20s you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Literally, if you just take shitty jobs in your youth and don't invest yourself, you're condemning yourself to a pathetic work path. I'm at the end of my 20s, and I gotta say, kids make stupid decisions. The difference between the people I know who are getting awesome jobs and going to Ivy League schools, and the losers who are going to prison, is almost on a whim because when they made their decisions they were too young to really grasp the outcomes of their decisions. They were your age.
The ones who decided "hey, maybe I'll get an internship and eventually go to law school" are happy. They're well liked. Even if they fail sometimes, they're set up for promising futures because of their general direction in life. The ones who chose to hang out, take an occasional CC class and be a barista are now looking at futures of shitty jobs and struggle.
>>
>>17192517
>grandparents beach house
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.