[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: images (1).jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5 KB, 225x225
I seem to be "that guy" that every girl (not literally every girl) wants to date, they get infatuated for like a month and then leave cause it wears off and they leave.

I'm used to it now so I have my fun and move on pretty quickly, but I want something more, you know?

How do I not boring
>>
>>17192243
Fuck.. I'm the opposite mate.
Definitely not boring, easy on the eyes and smart.
i struggle just getting to a first date.. Most of the time chicks will just stop talking to me for reason and stop replying.
Maybe I'm boring to people who can't put in the time to see into me. The few women and friends that try to understand me adore me.

Anyway, looking for proper responses to you. Maybe I can apply the reverse to myself?
>>
Try hobbies, or find something to be passionate about. I may be a massive nerd, but without those nerdy obsessions I would be the most vanilla and boring person imaginable. Even my sense of humour is informed by my interests, which shows how integral my choices and interests are to my personality.

You would be more attractive as a complete nerd who has passion than a vanilla nobody that does nothing of interest.

Take it from a guy in a steady relationship, being someone interesting will attract someone. Being nothing attracts nothing.
>>
>>17192253
I think it's partly cause I have weird interests. I really like politics and trolling shit, as well as really bad movies but most of it does not even interest them
>>
You should watch more movies/shows/anime, listen to more music, read more books and play more games.

That's how you get a personality - by knowledge and judgement. You need to judge what's good and what's wrong and then apply it into your life. The things I listed are great - there are thousands of fictional characters with visible traits.

The harder way is meeting a shit ton of non-generic people.

That's how I crafted my personality. I noticed that girls tend to laugh at malicious, sarcastic jokes, even if they're the target. Search for interesting "tricks" by experimenting. Change your facial expressions, body language and tone of voice. Try to look at yourself from a different angle.
>>
>>17192562
That last part. I don't know, when I tease they get mad and shit, and it's even harmless stuff they still get upset
>>
>>17192688
Joke about everything but their looks. Also you need to find the sweetspot.

If they get assmad apologize and hug them
>>
File: 1436672130683.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1436672130683.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>17192562

>You should watch more movies/shows/anime

This is the worst advice I've ever read. Watching more anime won't help you with women. That's fucking cringe worthy.

I highly recommend, OP, not pretending to be someone you're not in an attempt to change your luck.

>I'm used to it now so I have my fun and move on pretty quickly, but I want something more, you know?

Instead of looking outward and trying to find other people to emulate you need to look inward.

You keep getting involved with spotty girls that come and go because that's the kind of girl you subconsciously attract and are attracted to.

My advice is to go after some girls that maybe you're not typically attracted to. Go against your gut because at this point your gut keeps hooking you up with girls that treat you like a disposable item.

You have a type and unfortunately the type you like aren't very reliable, so go against your type and see if you find different results. I can promise you the answer to your problem isn't becoming a NEET, absorbing the personalities of a thousand other people and hoping no one notices how autistic you are.
>>
>>17192243
You might be dissatisfied with your relationships with women but you have the right mindset: you and your partner have to add some sort of value to each other to keep the relationship going.
You feel like you cant add value to your woman because you are "boring".

I felt the same as you do when I was in hs. I had no direction in life. I had no idea what I liked. I had no strong opinions and beliefs so I liked whatever my friends liked. I was boring because I didnt know things about myself that would distinguish me as a person.

I am different now. I found myself a bit since then and feel like I am my own person now.
I have been dating my bf for 1 year now and we are very different.
I am an introvert. I only have two friends I hangout with but most weekends I stay home. However, I'm career oriented and love to learn. My bf is an extrovert. He has a ton of friends and likes to go out a lot. We love each other because we both add things to each others' lives that we wouldnt otherwise have. He encourages me to be more of a "going with the flow" kind of person while I encourage him to be more practical.

Maybe take classes at your local community college or join an organization. Work somewhere. Learn something. Exercise. Anything!

Dont do whatever your date wants to do. Maybe, during your infatuation stage, find out things both of you havent tried and start adding new expriences together! Remember to be true to yourself. Don't try to like whatever music is popular just because it's popular.
Also, it's ok when things dont workout. Most relationships fail but at least you can try. Good luck, OP!
>>
>>17192738
Maybe you're right. Most of the girls I date are pretty good looking, play sport or are really active in some way. I'm pretty active myself but since my injury I can't do much in the way of competitive sport, but I enjoy when I can.

Maybe somebody a little less active would give me more of a chance?
>>
>>17192738
Well, I meant "whatever you want to watch".

>My advice is to go after some girls that you're not typically attracted to.

Now THAT'S fucking cringe worthy.
>>
>>17192252
How you conduct yourself = / = how other people perceive you. I wouldn't consider myself a boring person, I have a lot of hobbies and friends. The hard part is conveying this information in an interesting manner to a girl. Basically, it sounds like you need to work on your game, or else you will sound boring even if you aren't.
>>
>>17193388
Not same guy but my wife was someone I thought I'd never date in a million years, now we're married and I can't imagine myself with anyone else
>>
>>17192562
>You should watch more movies/shows/anime
>anime

My complete and utter sides. Most of you are social recluses cause you watch way too much anime than anyone should ever have to in 2 lifetimes.
>>
>>17193607
But Anon! Attack on Titan shows that being quiet and yelling loudly will turn girls on!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.