[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get the hairstyle that she has and what is it called?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9
File: 20160528_133432png.png (866 KB, 1016x1745) Image search: [Google]
20160528_133432png.png
866 KB, 1016x1745
How do i get the hairstyle that she has and what is it called?
I have about the same lenght of hair that she does
>>
File: 20160528_133458png.png (604 KB, 931x1656) Image search: [Google]
20160528_133458png.png
604 KB, 931x1656
>>
>>
File: large.jpg (24 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
24 KB, 500x281
>>
post pic of your hair and i'll tell you if it is achievable
>>
File: 2016-05-28 01.58.03 1.jpg (289 KB, 1026x1067) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-28 01.58.03 1.jpg
289 KB, 1026x1067
>>17191932
I have it straightened now but its like this but shorter. Just by the shoulders
>>
>>17191958
chemically straightened? do you have locks or actual "african american" curls?

either way, you need to focus on soften and straigten them without making them look lifeless and overly processed.
i'd recommend brushing your hair, then wash them, standing up in the shower, using a nourishing shampoo and a good conditioner. don't tousle your hair while doing so and focus on the scalp. leave it in for a few mins, then rinse.
after that, pat dry with a towel, without rubbing the hair. rather squeeze the water out.
apply a leave-in conditioner and take a comb to gently detangle your hair. then let it airdry whilst going trough it with your hands (gently pulling downwards) ever so often to "straigten it". you could also blowdry your hair to look that way, but it will cause damage and is pretty timeconsuming.
>>
>>17191974
I have real curls like that but ive been straightening them for years so its wierd. Mother is white and father is black so its somewhere in between but its not full on coily curls

I just bought a shampoo and conditioner with coconut oil and shea butter in it and a moisturizer mask with argan oil. I think that should do.

The thing is my hair gets curly as soon as i apply water to it, but will this process eventually make it "straighter" if i repeat it?
>>
>>17191982
>"straighter"
no, it won't make it straigter permanently.

the hair has water and keratin-bridges inside. moisture will break down the water-bridges, drying your hair will rebuild them in the new form. that's how straightening irons, curling wands and blow drying works. the keratin-bridges are more sturdy. you CAN tear them down and rebuild them, but you have to destroy the closed scale-like surface of your hair to do so. that's what perms and chemical straigtening does. that's the only way to straigten it permanently. you CAN do that. it's not much worse than getting your hair colored if done right (go to a GOOD salon, even if it means it will be expensive...). you can get your hair straigtened to a soft wave, not a complete straight form (which might look pretty unnatural).
it all depends on how they fixate your keratin-bridges again.

i have naturally straight to wavy hair and i can change texture up quiet a bit by manipulating it while it airdryes. if i run my fingers trough it in a "elongating and smoothing" way, i will end up with almost completely straight hair. if i instead scrunch my hair and help the natural form "lift up", i end up with locks. i can also twist my hair around my fingers to make cork-screw curls. since i love playing with my hair anyways, and find it to be quiet sooting to run my hands trough my hair, i love that method. just give it a try. if it's not powerfull enough for your hair, get a big roundbrush and blowdry them. google tutorials on that on youtube or ask me.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (221 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
221 KB, 1440x900
>>17192001
it can look lke that. bear in mind that those "before/after" pics are also after deepconditioning the hair, probably straigtened with an iron too and after a fresh haircut. but the results ARE impressive.
>>
File: 20160528_145756.jpg (932 KB, 1068x1633) Image search: [Google]
20160528_145756.jpg
932 KB, 1068x1633
>>17192001
This is how it looks when ive washef it and blowdried it while combing. The curls never get defined and i dont have an even "pattern" to my hair. It just looks dry and dead i think

I dont know about perming. I have very thin and damaged hair from before so i think it would just break
>>
>>17192050
can you describe how you blow dried it exactly? did you just comb trough it with pic related or similar whilst aiming the heat in the general direction?
combing curls will give you frizz. but you can keep it to a minimum with leave-in-products and the right technique to blow dry (right brush, right angles, right temperature, and so on)
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 213x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 213x90
>>17192054
forgot pic...
>>
>>17192050
you can also try the method in this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWHG4m16rCM
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-28-16-18-50.png (361 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-28-16-18-50.png
361 KB, 1080x1920
>>17192054
I aimed the blow drier to the area where i brushed on high temp. It was kind of hard since the air went to other areas where i wasnt combing and it got curly on other places. I had a comb like >>17192058
But with more spaces between the things. I borrowed a oil just like in pic to get rid of the frizz after but it didnt help that much, and it said that it was for Oriental people
>>
>>17191918
I literally just got my hair cut like this yesterday.

I've heard it called a "lob" or just a long bob.

I can't see the back, but it seems to be a long bob that is bluntly cut, no layers, aside from the slightly shorter pieces in front.
>>
Oh okay, thanks!
>>
>>17191918
Bring in the picture with you'll have the best chance at having a similar cut.
As far as blowdrying, try to use a diffuser on your hairdryer if you want to keep your curls in tact.
There are ways to get "soft waves" with perms, just gotta find someone who is capable of doing it.
https://youtu.be/qnJEluCh6uc
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.