[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst flatmate ever? I have one no-lifer in the other room whose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1453727544036.jpg (124 KB, 775x774) Image search: [Google]
1453727544036.jpg
124 KB, 775x774
Worst flatmate ever?

I have one no-lifer in the other room whose life is about playing his shitty MMO-s after work (over 8 hours even) and he would never do the fucking house choirs. I never understood what's so hard in cleaning the plates after eating or do a fifteen minute cleaning twice a month in the hall. This asshole always wakes me up as well when he finishes gaming lets say at 1 AM and goes to EAT (yes at fucking 1 or 2 AM).
>>
>>17191551
>house choirs
This sounds cool as fuck. Who wouldn't want to be part of a house choir?
>>
>>17191551
I wouldn't want to do house choirs either though, OP. I can't stand singing in front of people, even if it's in a group
>>
>>17191551
Well shit, at least the nigga works. My brother is shit and just wears the same fucking red shirt every day and plays a fucking ps3 all day. I'm gonna break it one day and then he will really be fucking done
>>
>>17191551
If you seriously complain about a guy who spends all his time in his room then you have never had a truly horrible flatmate
>>
>>17191587
He is horrible in that sense that in a way he sees his flatmates as slaves who do the work instead of him.
>>
Have you tried talking to him about it? If there's more than two of you in the apartment enforcing something apartment wide would probably pressure him a little.

>>17191568
Being part of a house choir sounds fun as fuck man, I'd never want you to be my roommate, house choirs would be mandatory with me
>>
>>17191551
My partner had a roommate kind of like this.

Dude never cleaned up after himself, was sometimes up at ungodly hours talking right outside of the room, etc.

If you want it to change, you gotta talk to him about it or move out. The dude might not even know what he's doing is so obnoxious. The guy my partner lived with had basically been taken care of his whole life, so he didn't really know how to do anything, and didn't understand what a nuisance he was being.

There was like four of them in the apartment, and no one ever talked to him about it. They all just got progressively pissier with him and waited for him to move out. Then, when it happened again with a different roommate, same thing: nothing got said, and they just waited for the opportunity for one or more of them to move out.

Talk to him, man, lay down some ground rules and make a chore chart or something.
>>
>>17191596
I'm fucking tired of telling him the same things over and over again. He would listen for 2 days maximum then becomes a lazy asshole again. Another flatmate is tired as well who happens to be his partner actually. I guess they will break up eventually.
>>
>>17191599
Still what bothers me the most is that why would you spend 7-8 hours playing a freaking game on a daily basis? The world is full of productive things to be done, especially if you are in a relationship.
What I know for sure is that my girlfriend would kick me out in a month if I started to act like this.
>>
I had a flatmate just like this when I first moved out of my parents place. I was in charge of cleaning the living room (the only room in the house used constantly by all of us) while he was in charge of a single abandoned room that we hadn't found a use for yet.

He would constantly bitch about me if I played any kind of game before cleaning the main room (even if it had been clean earlier and then he made a mess, he wanted his mess cleaned up) but he never (not even once) cleaned the one room he was in charge of the entire time I lived there (literally months), and he spent 80% of his waking hours on his PC or hogging the TV.

I finally called him out for not cleaning his one room (this thing wasn't bad, literally 2-3 empty soda bottles, a few platic bags and some crumbs, compared to the living room it was the smallest job in the house) and he absolutely flipped his shit, yelled at me and tried to choke me (in front of people.) He literally got so upset about me calling him on his shit that he attempted to kill me with his bare hands, in front of witnesses.

So my advice is if you live with other people, band together before you call him on his shit. You never know what kind of nutjob is hiding behind that nerd.
>>
>>17191873
people be cray. the shit I've had people try for me calling them on their crap.

OP, you needa fucking drop the dude. next lease renewal you get the fuck out. plan now to make enough to get your own place.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.