[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to be the happieist go lucky person in the world, very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1455171277030.jpg (13 KB, 391x391) Image search: [Google]
1455171277030.jpg
13 KB, 391x391
I used to be the happieist go lucky person in the world, very charismatic.

After a few friends killed themselves, break ups etc. I became the most bitter cynical, insufferable person. I don't have much excitement for anything aside from music SOMETIMES, im a musician and i'm in bands, but my excitement is fleeting even for my number one passion. Im often told, go for a walk on the beach, go try new things, meditate, exercise. However I just can't get excited about anything. I've been through every anti depressant in the book and have been through therapy.

My question is, HOW DO I STOP HATING EVERYTHING, how do I be more like this bird?
>>
File: 1455601585042.jpg (35 KB, 508x472) Image search: [Google]
1455601585042.jpg
35 KB, 508x472
>>17191259
bump
>>
>>17191259
eh, well pick a hobby I guess, I read novels, at least that keeps you from killing yourself, do it for 23 days, could be painting or art, someone crazy enough might buy it, I do not k now, try new things, that's what I've been doing, it's hard, but you never know future is unknown to all.
>>
>>17191286
true true, i have a hobby. Been a musician since i was 4. Andn thats kinda my problem i dont see much for the future. Can't get stoked on it. You work then you die. Thats okay, but I'd like to at least have some happy instead of existential cynicism
>>
>>17191293
not sure if you still here, but I been doing the same thing for 10 years, have to break off the loop somehow. hope things get better
>>
>>17191293
Then accept your fate

You'll play music you like till you die and you need a part time job.

Maybe you'll find a girl maybe you'll find new hobbies you'll meet new people.

You have to work on your self. Life's a bitch you'll fail people around you will fail quit but you can't till you die.

It's fun
>>
>>17191259
Read The Myth of Sisyphus, or if you prefer a story form instead of essay, The Stranger. Both are by Albert Camus. You have learned that the world is uncaring and indifferent to human suffering, and need a new method of thinking to get you through this.

Therapy, MDMA, and fucking and cuddling raver girls will also boost your mood.
>>
>>17191259
Find something good in everything and every event of your life. If you think something is negative, find something positive about the situation as well.

This is a long term solution - it doesnt change things instantly, but with practice you are able to deal with life better.

Dealing with death and rejection I would recommend talking to a counsellor. They are some of the most painful things that happen in life, and for this I would recommend speaking to someone who is trained dealing with these things.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.