[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you survive work. I'm a highschool student
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (701 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
701 KB, 640x1136
How the fuck do you survive work.

I'm a highschool student and i recently got my first job as kitchen staff at a semi-fast food italian place. I'm scheduled to work 37 hours this week, just completed hour 27 and i'm ready to die already. My bosses love me and i love the job but everything fucking hurts and i've basically stopped doing anything but chores and working, and school on s summer is over.

i realise i probably sound like a baby but i pretty much just threw myself in a frying pan working 7 hours a day, and i need ways to cope.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
Aleve and Red Bull.
>>
You're supposed to work 7 hrs a day for something you enjoy doing, that can pay the bills, HAS RELAXING MOMENTS and that doesn't kill you with stress. You're doing it wrong by working at fast food. I do not know anyone who could handle working basically full time in fast food as kitchen staff. fuck that. Try getting an internship for a 'real job' whatever that means and you'll see the difference.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 550x366
>>17191209
Trust me i don't want to work 40 hours a week. I didn't ask for this.
>>
>>17191205
I don't think i can consume enough fast enough to kill myself
>>
>>17191201
As a student you should not have more than a part-time job, no more than 20 hours a week.
>>
Work as a receptionist like me. I just sit on the computer all day, just like home, except I get paid
>>
scale down your availability or start looking for a new job that'll use you part time using your current job as a reference.
>>
make 1000 bucks then quit and be frugal and make it last a while
>>
>>17191201
you get stronger and used to your duties, your body isn't used to labor yet. give it time and keep working hard. you're ahead of the pack.
>>
Nobody can do full time plus have enough time to study to the beat of their ability as well. Studying should be your priority, not working. Get a part time gig, 20 hrs tops. Otherwise you'll fail hs, make not a lot of money and exhaust yourself in the process.
>>
Working more than 30 hours and going to school is a killer. It sucks. If you do It long enough you'll get used to it if you don't give up. It's money vs free time. What's more valuable to you? If you need the money you'll make it work. If you dont, you should find a way to work less hours.
>>
>>17191220
Welcome to the real world. Man up. Most people work 40 or more hours per week.
>>
Scale down the availability you're currently working. In my opinion, 15-20hours max.

Get a less busy job like a receptionist gig or a corporate security gig where you can work 30-40 hours a week and study while you work. You'll be killing 2 birds with one stone.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.