[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /adv/ let's have a talk. I recently got out of a relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1460693789328.png (127 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460693789328.png
127 KB, 480x480
So /adv/ let's have a talk.
I recently got out of a relationship that lasted just over 2 years, and while I was the one that ended it I felt heartbroken for a while. I'm now in a new relationship that has been going on for 2 weeks or so, she's nice we get along and we connect really well. However, I fear that feeling of heartbreak and it's stopping me from showing as much affection as i'd like to show for her.

Does anyone have any similar situations / advice? It'd be much appreciated.
>>
File: chesterbrownmatthew.gif (17 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
chesterbrownmatthew.gif
17 KB, 460x459
>>17191073
Bang her in the ass.

>You'll thank me later.
>>
>>17191073
Yeah, I think a lot of people have made that mistake of getting into a new relationship too soon and being emotionally distant out of fear. And if they keep up the emotionally distant act it only ends in one way: hurting the other person to the point where they become emotionally distant as well and the relationship implodes.

There are two possible fixes to this: 1 - Admit to yourself that you're not ready to jump into a new relationship because you haven't worked on yourself enough yet, and you'll only unnecessarily hurt this person if you stay

or 2: Realize that your fears are irrational and as long as you hold on to them you will be a self fulfilling prophecy, stop being emotionally cold, and open yourself up to this new person
>>
I appreciate the advice. Also, she is an extremely nice person, her ex keeps texting her and to my knowledge (i've seen her do this) she ignores or tells him she doesn't want to talk. However, she never really blocks him or deletes his number. Do you think this is something to be concerned about?
>>
>>17191130
Yes but it is quite early in the relationship to ask her to cut him Out. If you think you two are close enough to do it, just tell her. Might as well find out now and not later right?

As for the heartbreak, I recommend just letting yourself fall completely in love and then getting heartbroken. I've done it enough that it doesn't even hurt anymore. 10/10 would recommend.
>>
File: 1463464336750.jpg (191 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463464336750.jpg
191 KB, 1280x720
>>17191073
You are practically the polar opposite of me.

First long term relationship exploded violently, I've been emotionally flat and distant ever since. Also completely demotivated as far as dating is concerned, even had chick's be interested in thought were attractive and I lacked any desire to try.

And I know trying to involve myself with someone is only going to fuck them up emotionally, I pretty much feel like trying to foster a relationship with me is like trying to grow flowers in the Sahara.

But the problem is I don't feel like I'm entirely moving on without dating someone. Sure I'm more or less over my ex, but she was a huge part of my life during one of its most eventful times. And here I am during one of my life's most slow and boring periods, when relating with people you can't help but bring her up mentally at the very least.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.