[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honorable or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: download soldier.jpg (10 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download soldier.jpg
10 KB, 284x177
Is it honorable to die for ones country?

Do people still even care about honor?
>>
>>17190796
>Is it honorable to die for ones country?
If you believe in what you're fighting for.

>Do people still even care about honor?
I do, I imagine I'm not the only one.
>>
>>17190796
Is your country Israel?
>>
>>17190810
Israel is a based country. Anyone who says otherwise is a sjw or a terrorist sympathizer.
>>
>>17190796
If you're sacrificing yourself for someone else's ideals that you either do not believe in or even know about, you're wasting your existence. Also, it's 2016 and you're probably American or European. Nobody besides unwashed rednecks give a shit about patriotism, and Eurocucks don't fight in the first place.

As far as honor goes, it's relative to each individual. Some people like being honorable and moral, others really don't care.
>>
>>17190796
That photo is so meme. Think about honor chances are in america honor=narcissism I'm in the army and honestly there are systems in this world designed to fit any aspect of living but for us to like associate with one in particular in the form of a job will inevitably become overwhelming you can enjoy your position but because the mind works like a spectrum its difficult to be totally satisfied with anything because there is always something else, so do what you want i like the idea of adventuring and doing a bunch of new things to appreciate the spectrum of the universe but since i joined the army i have a contract and my adventure is limited to my orders just enjoy your freedom and don't be scared if you end up in jail i feel bad just try not to go there again
>>
>>17190796
>Is it honorable to die for ones country?

Depends on the cause and if you believe in it.
IF you are fighting in Rojava against Daesh, then Yes.

But if you are an American Soldier in Afghanistan, then No.

>Do people still even care about honor?
Most fight for the Honor. Some fight just to kill the Brown Man. Some have no other way in life. Some are disillusioned into believing that they are fighting the good fight.
>>
>>17190796
No. Dying and being bloody and maimed is absolutely horrifying. And those who do survive have PTSD and just go to bars and brag about how many men they've killed and women jump on their dicks... is bragging about killing really ethical?

Nope. And society doesn't give a fuck. I spat on a homeless vet this week. Fuck 'em. Fuck honor and fuck soldiers.
>>
>>17190816

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.