[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1450594384611.jpg (359 KB, 972x972) Image search: [Google]
1450594384611.jpg
359 KB, 972x972
Alright, so I'm graduating in a week and I'm going to college around the 25th of August. I had a shit ton of home work, so even though I wanted a job, it wasn't possible. I have the time now, but the problem is - is that I want to take most of July off to go see my dad. Is it feasible that some one would want to hire me and work around my schedule?
>>
>>17190789
Yea but dont plan on finding some marvelous job that pays much over minimum wage. Jobs who pay their customers minimum wage usually have a lot of unskilled workers at their disposal so theyd be more likely to be willing to let you take time off. Higher paying jobs have less employees and expect you to be pretty punctual and not to take off when you first start working
>>
The first anon is right. You'll have to find perhaps a job that has a light Attendence policy. Office jobs, maybe. Customer care jobs, probably. Bank Teller, probably not. Retail stores, factories and fast food, more than likey yes. Are you looking for just seasonal or full time/part time?
>>
>>17190789
Most places have already hired for the summer. Asking them to hire you to work for 24 days is unimaginable.

Go cry your wolf tears somewhere else.
>>
>>17190855
I'll be moving out and far away in late August. It'd be part time
>>
File: 1461646729946.jpg (38 KB, 716x720) Image search: [Google]
1461646729946.jpg
38 KB, 716x720
>>17190862
Thanks for the help, friendo
>>
>>17190872
It's the truth. Asking them to hire you for a month is ridiculous. Either you haven't worked before or you forgot the incredible amount of paperwork involved in the hiring process.
>>
>>17190893
That's what I was curious about. The freshly ground asshole wasn't required to season the answer.
>>
>>17190898
>Asks 4chan a dumb question
>Expects polite responses

>Job doesn't fit his schedule
>Now it does
>Only wants to work for the summer
>Except the month where summer hires are needed the most
>"Oh, why can't they make a special exception for me?"
>>
>>17190864
I recommend perhaps finding work in your university, assuming you're not attending a small college. 1-Stop, data entry, billing will maybe help you with your schedule. Maybe try looking for janitorial work, parking lot attendant work at your school, they'll probably let that slide.

Or just sell dope, invest all your savings in stocks (yeah its risky, but you wont have shit to do anyways but to choose the right shares to buy) and get money that way. Hold out until August comes.
>>
>>17190909
Holy shit man. It was a question. Isn't this supposed to be /adv/ice? Not kick someone's teeth in because they don't know the answer to their own question.
>>
>>17190913
My college is way far away.
>>
>>17190913
Aren't stocks more long-term?
>>
>>17190789
I graduated uni last year.
Here's the thing.
You have more than enough time for school, work, and fun.
But not quite what expect.

1) Get a waiter job. Start out as a busboy if you have to. Waiter is the cheat code for young people jobs. It pays sooooooo much more than it has to. But thanks to American tip culture it does. If you can pay attention to a table once a half hour, then you're going to get paid, literally, over 100 dollars a night. Not even kidding. You get work at a good place, a tip can be upwards of 500. For just fucking smiling and seeing when their drinks are low.
So get a waiter job and learn how to smile and talk like a robot. It's real easy once you get used to it.

2) Do your homework and assignments. For me, it took about an hour a class to do my work. After you day is done, go to your library, rent a laptop, and bust it out. You'll be done faster than you think. When exams come, you won't even need to study because you already did all the course work so it's second nature.

3) Fuck bitches and go to parties. This is the hard one. How do you manage your time? This is the hardest one. But it's so worth it. Find the time to just relax and fuck back. Do extra work in the library. Work extra shifts during boring hours in the week. Just make room for one time a month to go party like a kid you are. Also, get drunk at home at least once. Trust me on that.

If you can do all of these things, you'll fucking make it you old cumstain.
>>
I was the first anon to reply and thats the realist youll get OP. Anything else will 1.be a lie and someone will say "maybe! Go out and try op!" This will only hype you up and later bring you down when you find the true answer or 2. Be harsh asf and given by people with anger issues.
>>
>>17190993
Here's some real advice
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.