[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want new friends because I'm in a new place but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: mpzvX.gif (295 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
mpzvX.gif
295 KB, 500x338
I really want new friends because I'm in a new place but I'm kinda weird and Im an adult now I'm a bit shy and i don't really know how to play sports and everyone seems adverse to me its been a couple months and I'm still pretty lonely and now I'm broke i like to skateboard but it seems like only kids do that I'm just generally confused wut do
>>
>>17190722

You're a man child.

Grow up and stop being a pussy
>>
>>17190724
uh that doesn't really help.
>>
>>17190722

where do you live?
>>
>>17190722
what do you guys do? I've been to clubs and i get along with people at work Im doing online school i work out, I read and play video games, just seems like I'm not really going anywhere or making meaningful relationships
>>
>>17190736
Im in Colorado Springs right now
>>
>>17190748

the following advice was made for finding girls, but it works even better for making friends:

effort. lots and lots of effort. and also, doing what you like. going out is in no way restricted to bars and clubs, though if that is what you enjoy, by all means, go to bars and clubs.

the truest way to find chemistry is to experience your life in the most enjoyable way, and see how you match with the people who come into it. interacting with someone in a casual way shows you how you ACTUALLY get along, not how you hope to get along cuz you really want this to work cuz you need a gf.

so write down a list of all your hobbies, and find a way to externalize them. most people live at least near a city these days.

go to any and all hobby shops and ask about local events. gun shops might have hunting trips. or you can just go to a shooting range. comic book stores have game nights. or live commentary movie nights. if these shops do not host events, offer to host one through them, after all it will only lead to more money through them.

you can even go to a more casual store, lets say, a book store, and stand in your favorite aisle (lets say, horror). talk to everyone who comes by looking for a book. ask what book they are looking for. tell them what book you are looking at. try to spark a conversation abotu your favorite author. maybe take some suggestions. if you really hit it off, try to trade numbers.

its okay if it doesnt pan out. this isnt a scoring system. there is no man in a cloack in space making down on a cosmic chalkboard how many failed conversations you had. 99% of interaction is dumb. you are waiting for the 1% and enjoying talking about your favorite things with strangers until then.
>>
>>17190748
pretty close to downtown and university its just weird not having any history here all my friends are back at california
>>
>>17190751

>but anon, going outside somewhere to find out if maybe they have an event doesnt suit my lazy lifestyle!!1!

and for those who simply cannot bring themselves to get up out of the house without a guarantee go to meetup.com and look for something of your interest. no matter what your interest it is on there in a group you can meet with. and if not, you can start your own meet up.

Now, some of you may argue that these sorts of tailored events are attended mostly by men. yes. mostly. but some women too. whats important here is you will be doing something you love, with people who love what you love, and when the right ladies come along you'll know they love it too. you will have that common ground.
>>
>>17190751
this is basically what i've been doing maybe i should just keep my head high
>>
>>17190753

>all my friends are back in california

so am i

>>17190756
>>17190751

at the end of hte day it all comes back to the 'effort'. putting yourself out there. there are lots of places to go and you can make friends anymore.

i made my best friend by talking to arandom guy who worked at an ice cream shop while getting ice cream. been two years, still friends.

recently made a new friend just talking to someone on the bus.
>>
>>17190763

keep going.

you should be doing the following
>going 'out' (to any particular thing) at least twice a week
>talk to at least one new person a day wherever you can
>>
>>17190769
Yea but even if you find someone cool is it weird to ask for a number and then call or text just to hang out sometime?
>>
If you are in the Toronto area I will be your friend.

Disclaimer: things will probably be really awkward, for I am really awkward myself, in general.
>>
>>17190778

does it matter?

realistically you dont see these people again, so if it is weird they wouldnt like it and youd never see them again.

and if they are into it, it doesnt matter if its weird cuz... well who cares?

stop worrying about what the world thinks. dont go straight for 'HEY LETS TRADE NUMBERS' but if you spiral into a real conversation why not go for it. work it out based on what you're talking about. even if its 'dude i gotta go but we should seriously talk more (insert conversation here), hit me up?'

i generally hand them a card after this so therse no awkward number exchange.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.