[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to stay on adv for 5 hours straight? I am losing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1464390973186.jpg (10 KB, 175x250) Image search: [Google]
1464390973186.jpg
10 KB, 175x250
Is it normal to stay on adv for 5 hours straight?
I am losing control of my life here.
>>
>>17190482
Fuck you
>>
Don't feel too bad, I regularly spend 14 hours a day on /r9k/
>>
I like to think so, but then again I cry myself to sleep at night...
>>
>>17190482
No, its normal. I try to gice good real advice when i can (usually when at work) and combat the /r9k/ trolls and tumblrinas.
Uphill battle but hopefully some lives have been made better.
>>
>>17190482
Get a job. Go to school. If youre doing atleast one of those things youre fine. otherwise youll find yourself with way too much time on your hands which can lead to depression.
>>
It's not the most productive use of time, but good in that it probably helped you unwind, gain useful tidbits of knowledge and help you practise your writing/argumentative/shitposting skills.

Depending on the day of the week I'd say 3 hours is a good maximum on a day off, but that's just me. 5 hours can be perfectly fine as long as all your other oblligations/goals in life are getting the time they need.
>>
I met a really cool girl once on /adv/, I browse daily to see if it ever happens again .
>>
>>17190754
Anon, get a cool girl irl. Get a job, join a group, club, etc. life is filled with cool people
>>
>>17190761
I physically can't relate to normies.
All the things you said sound like a good idea when one first look at them. But in practice, it just forces people to pretend to care about other people they never had interest in the first place. It's not like I don't socialize at all, it's that people I interact with on daily basis don't catch my attention as much as random strangers on the internet have through the years.
>>
>>17190919
I'm op. It was the same with me too. Then I discovered non-normies irl and it got a bit better.
>>
>>17190946
Where exactly did you met them?
I was a loner my whole life and could hardly keep any friendships through his and uni.
Now in my mid-20's I find it hard to relate to 'normal' people. I'm just not interested in wasting my time and money in Stupid clubs drinking, which is what most people definition of fun around here.
T
I like it better on the internet, where places like this are honeypots for people with bizarre but similar interests. Even if is just as hard as irl to find the right people.
>>
>>17190960
I am in a geek tech uni, bumped into non-normies accidentially.

Well, i don't know. Maybe comment on geek t-Shirts, go to clubs.
>>
>>17190968
I meant computer, dnd, origami etc clubs
>>
>>17190972
There aren't any of those around here. (Small city, third world shithole). And anything that would losely resemble those are filled with the kind of people that spills memes in public or talk about nothing besides anime. Nothing wrong with anime per se, I have probably watched more shows that those faux weebs, but I keep them for myself and wouldn't let it define my whole peraona.
>>
>>17191049
Persona.*
Besides, most of those things you could do then online anyway.
>>
>>17191049
Anon, i don't know then. Even my non-normie friends can't cover even a half of my interests. I personally go to /a/ or /vp/, /vg/, /vr/.
Guess, no choice there, only internet.
You can make irl friends with normal-like interest like literature, music, tv shows.
>>
>>17190919
I know I know I know that fucking feeling

To the point where I make it an effort to bore them off with all my interests and tidbits and hopefully never have to see them again

Thankfully, the ones that do play along are the bestest of friends
>>
>>17190482
i feel like 4chan heals depression when ur on the computer all day and u dont know what to do.
>>
>>17191111
Hey, maybe it does. It's like talking to someone who may or may not listen to you.
>>
>>17191067
so your interest are just anime and vidya?
Books are fine but most people around here aren't interested in reading at all. For movies, they are only interested in the next cape shit around the corner, they wouldn't be interested in my shunji iwai kino.
I just find pointless going outsite, I did met some nice people through university but there were just really temporary connections and they are focusing in other aspects of their lives now.
Also as a full time wage slave, I find it hard to find time to even try to meet new people at all. Also hanging out with coworkers is not an option. I'm paid to stand these people, I don't see how hanging out with them in non-office hours is nothing but depressingly sad.
>>
>>17191119
No, I like books too, i discuss them with my parents, lucky there. Films too.
You know, it's hard to find people with matching interests, but it's possible.
I live in Russia, not sure counts as 3rd world or not. My friends told me they were loners for a long time too, one found a person to discuss books in high school or smth.
I'd say everyone reads books here, but few have it as main interest. Like having read all classics and tracking new releases.

Life consists of random events, get outside and grab tight people, who like what you like, assuming you can stomach their personalities. You mention that you have no time on making connections, your potential friends must be the same.
It's tricky to make friends after university, indeed.

What 3rd world country btw? On what continent at least?
>>
>>17191111
Your quads healed my depression
>>
>>17191176
Colombia
>>
>>17190482
of course not
>>
>hate forced hang outs
>films
>browsing /adv/ for too long
Oh my. This thread hits too close to home
>>
>>17191176
>Russia, not sure counts as 3rd world or not
Russia would be 2nd world according to the original definition.
>>
>>17190482
Nope, but i do it too. I like helping people.
>>
>>17190919
You don't have to have everything in common to get on with somebody.

I have a hard time getting along with people who are argumentative and confrontational, which is what a lot of "nerdy" people are. I get along fine with people who are easy going and decent at making conversation.

I try to meet other "nerds" but a lot of them can be elitist and closed off. So I end up in the company of folks who don't share many common interests but are able to show enthusiasm and respect when I talk about them (same goes for me with them).
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.