[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /adv/ I come to you with a petty problem. At work, I keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Chkv5U1.gif (778 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
Chkv5U1.gif
778 KB, 500x213
Ok /adv/ I come to you with a petty problem.

At work, I keep a small container of gum under the desk. I need gum habitually because I have halitosis. Like you don't understand my breath is horrible all the time, no matter how much I floss, brush, or tongue scrape (yes I do these at work too). I am ok with sharing it with the 3 other people in my department. I know that only one of those three chews gum enough to make it any sort of habit. The other 2 people don't chew gum much. The gum goes down in alarmingly fast levels, too fast for just me to go through with the occasional nab from the coworker I just mentioned.

I have reason to believe it's not a customer who is stealing my gum without permission, because customers generally never go under the desk at my department (I work retail). I think it's an employee because

>customers know what's "ours" and what isn't
>the gum is vanishing in a consistent fast rate
>customers probably don't even know nor care I have gum, and so don't even look
>however other associates often go under the desk at my department to nab supplies
>they must be very sneaky to manage this because I'm usually very close by at all times

>Today, notice gum is down to 3 pieces total down from a whole bunch yesterday
>pissed. Buy some more, this time cheaper and a different kind/flavor. This is at 1pm
>work my ass off, forget about gum
>3 pm, want some gum. Notice the package was not even opened the correct way
>It was minty trident, in the rectangular package, and someone opened it at the "end", not the real opening point, like a barbarian
>So in the span of 2 hours someone nabbed my gum. This is very alarming. This someone actively knows I "supply" gum
>So this person must have been present when I am present (e.g: not overnight shift)

I'm mad because, they can just fucking ask me for a piece. I am one of the most caring, gentle, empathetic people you can meet. I won't hesitate to help. But no.

/adv/ how should i go about this? Help
>>
>>17190310
one day just go (you can pull it off in a flippant, joking kind of way) "who the fuck keeps stealing my gum?!"

Do it when everyone is around and see who owns up or read people's body language to try to get a hint on who's doing it.

Also, why the fuck are you keeping it in your desk? just put it in your pocket or something, jeez.
>>
If your breath really is that bad constantly, then you might have some sort of health problem. That, or you only think it's worse than it really is. As for the gum situation, the solution should be obvious.
>>
>>17190345
Because my uniform's pockets are too small to take it with me (as the whole container). The gum i usually buy is in a round-ish container, about the size of the cup holders in your car. It won't fit in my pocket.

Also I like sharing gum with people of my department.

Anyone have an idea of why this person just doesnt simply fucking ask me for a piece?
>>
>>17190310
You didn't ask, but if your bad breath is resistant to brushing, flossing, etc, then it quite possibly doesn't start in your mouth, but in your stomach.

Have you seen a gastro man about this?
>>
>>17190310
Go to a novelty store - the kind that sells whoopie cushions and the like. You can buy gum that turns the tongue black. Stick that under your desk and save the real gum for people who ask. The thief will soon be evident.
>>
>>17190379
>>17190359

I haven't seen anyone about this problem as I'm really embarrassed. I don't know anon. My health insurance will run out in a year I think.

I think it's just my tonsil stones...
>>
>>17190381
I think I will do this, or at least try to find some nasty tasting, gum-looking product, in addition to carrying a few pieces of gum in my pocket in a baggie

I'll kek if I encounter an associate rummaging around to find it
>>
Well guys thanks for the advice, Im gonna sleep
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.