[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy texting on facebook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image%3A402261.jpg (111 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
image%3A402261.jpg
111 KB, 600x480
Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy texting on facebook? I am bad at it, unless I know a person very well, and none of such people uses fb, duh.
The whole "sending funny or cute pics to people to bond" is beyond my understanding, I don't get it. Those people who send the same cute pic to 50+ of their friends to start conversations. How do you reply to it, it's like the sender is checking if you want to talk with him and that's it.

Gosh, i lost my school friends, because they never talk about real things, only send links, kitties, crack meme jokes. Is it everywhere?
Then at night they are crying to their friends about how lonely and abandoned they are, I know it.

The only "social network" I used for a while was infamous tumblr, because it was about stuff you like and nothing else.
>>
>>17190261
You're right. At least you recognize that it's all crap.
>>
>>17190261
I use fb to talk to friends i cant meet always to set up shit and to spam shit posts and pics with my sis and friend

I hate texting in general and i hate how people get pissy if you dont reply in a minute
But if we're talking or making plans and you dont reply while we're losing time its a dick move
>>
>>17190270
Huh, plans, studies, other important things are the only things i have facebook for.
It's important, yeah.

What's with shitposting (and) pics, i have no idea why people love it so much. Especially if it's an acquaintance unloading 9gag feed into your inbox and 30+ others.
>>
>>17190287
Same, its important and i have to use it sadly

But me and my sis have this stupid sense of humor and we send each other stupid pics
Like a pic with a giant rooster and i ask her is my cock bigger than hers
And she says shes gonna use it to beat me up with it again

My chat with a friend is also filled with stupid ylyl shit because were bored and burned out in college and life here in general so if you can laugh at least once it helps
>>
Normal people don't spam cute pics to bond, that's weird (autistic and retarded). People usually just casually message their friends and chat with them.

Are you even an adult?
>>
>>17190320
Probably exchanging pics with close friends is ok, i'm just at loss, because none of my current friends find pic related funny.

But you must have meaningful irl relationships with your sister and friend, right? I mean can this funny pic stuff work as a healthy substitute to communication?
>>
>>17190346
My sis is my biggest bro so yeah
And my friend and i spam cancer pics for fun

We can talk and go out but sometimes you just need to vent through shit

Also that pic gave me aids
Good work
>>
>>17190337
No, I'm in early 20s. One of my social school friends simply sends 9gag-level funny pic to his whole friendlist and i don't understand this new standard of messaging.
All people make crude meme jokes themselves and it feels deadly artificial to me. The topics are always like "atheist powaaa", "dumb corrupted church", "anti-trump", "goty witcher3" and other unoriginal shit. I could make a bot who'll text them random funny pic or joke, they wouldn't notice.
It feels off for some reason.
>>
>>17190261
No, you're not the only one. There are still some of us out here who prefer actually talking to other people, like with out mouths and words and stuff.
>>
>>17190363
That's stupid to a degree that shouldn't be able to exist. I mean I can understand there being one odd ~20 year old, but a whole social group of them? maybe they all got lead poisoning. People start their professional careers in their early 20s, can you imagine if your legal advisor or business consultant liked to spam 9gag pictures? It's not normal, really it isn't. Kids do that stuff but they do it around age 13 and stop before 16.
>>
>>17190372
Op here, anon, getting cozy on a coach with friends, munching cookies and sipping cacao is priceless.
The lack of intonation and facial expressions kill meaningful texting to me, i always feel like it is a potentially VERY emotionally distant way of communicating.
>>
>>17190382
Anon, you give me hope, I've already thought it's a new trend or some shit. That guy is one of hearts of the group and they are put together by such jokes for a significant part.
So it's not common at 20s, you say?
>>
>>17190402
Not common at all. Of the 10,000 people in my university, I wouldn't be surprised if zero people acted immature to that degree.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.