[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A pic of my ex showed up on my fb feed and she's gained
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
A pic of my ex showed up on my fb feed and she's gained a lot of weight. I feel terrible because I think I'm enjoying this. How do I be a better person?
>>
>>17189949
Read "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius.
>>
>>17189949
Why would you feel terrible? It's her fault she's turning into an eatmonster. Never regret a good chuckle. Laughter is extremely therapeutic.
>>
>>17189952
Thanks, looks interesting. I've been big on self improvement since we broke up and felt like I made some real good progress, but taking pleasure in something like this felt like a huge step backward. http://www.philaletheians.co.uk/study-notes/living-the-life/marcus-aurelius'-meditations-tr.-casaubon.pdf
I found a pdf online if anyone else is interested.
>>
>>17189949
>pic of my ex showed up on my fb feed
>she's gained a lot of weight
>feed
>gained a lot of weight

It's a sign.
>>
>>17189949
A girl cheated on me
I did forgive her but her lying made me break up with her after months of trying

Now a year after i workout every day while she does nothing and is a easy slut who's dating my friend who is using her for attention and sex
And i actually feel happy about it

Im with you op
>>
>>17189985
kek
>>
>>17190001
Don't you feel bad taking pleasure in someone else's misfortune? I feel spiteful and petty. Also feel kind of bad for my ex for getting chubbers. She cheated on me too and left me for the other dude. She was really shitty during the break up too and my friends said I helped her out more than I should've. I don't want any resentment from a past relationship and I'm scared it might manifest terribly in other relationships (I've had a few flings since but nothing serious).
>>
Take pleasure in it OP. It's one of the few free enjoyments in life.

My very first GF was a total bitch that cheated on me TWICE. The first time whatever I was young and naive and she was my first GF ever. The second time she cheated on me I was fucking done. It killed me on the inside and I completely lost touch with her.

Years later I get curious and check her blog. On it she had this massive rant post on how shitty her life had gotten after graduating college. The guy she cheated on me with completely stopped talking to her or seeing her because he found someone better looking. She then moved in with a guy who was fucking crazy as shit and gave her herpes. He tried to stab her with a knife. After that she moved in with her Aunt and Uncle and basically did nothing but eat cookies all day and turned into a blimp. Her uncle ended up dying and so did her biological dad within a few months of each other. Her car got completely totally and drove into a lake apparently by her uncle before he died.

So then she had a post after that saying how she was talking to a guy online for months on end who said he wanted to marry her and how happy she was since she moved across the country to be with him. After another couple months the guy cheated on her, then left to be with his ex-wife again, kicked her out, and she had to live on the streets a few days before her aunt could get paid to buy her ticket.

She started working at target or something like that to get her own place to stay. Recently she was fired and now couch surfing to stop from being homeless.

6 years after graduating college shes an STD riddled homeless fat hag and I have a successful career with the respect of my peers. Sometimes karma hits hard and it's hilarious.
>>
>>17190049
>Don't you feel bad taking pleasure in someone else's misfortune?
When you're watching a move, like say the avengers, do you feel bad when Loki get's his ass hulk smashed?

Or saddam hussein gets ung? Or Bin-Laden get's a bullet between the eyes? When bad people get what's coming to them it's the best feeling in the world.
>>
>>17190049
Well i dont feel bad but i feel like i should
Im pretty damn evil when it comes to it and if her life becomes a failure id laugh like a bastard i am

But i did help her too, too much
I helped her get better, stop smoking, stop cutting, stopped her from killing her self, made her finish school, supported her through the years and i got what? Shit
And im the bad one because she cant handle the reality and stand up to her fuckups

If i saw her ruined, no money, no friends, nobody who loves her, well its like that now but if it got worse and if i had the power to fix everything, get her a job abd make her smile
Id close the door in her face and send her home im tears if i had to without a problem

And im actually a pretty selfless person
A nice guy damn it
>>
>>17190308
I dunno I feel really sad for your ex. And sad for mine. Like I could've saved her or something, but also I guess I'm overstepping my boundaries in saying that.
>>17190319
Movies are movies though. I practice mindfulness and I guess a drawback is being overly sensitive to other people.
>>
>>17189949
A bit of schadenfreude is normal. It doesn't make you a bad person. Just don't revel in it, or gloat to her directly, or assume that she's "getting what she deserved" as if the universe owes you your revenge. That would make you a bad person.

It is what it is. Getting chubby isn't the same thing as the AIDS. Maybe she's happy with her life. Assuming that she's miserable and sufferning just because she's put on some weight is rather shallow.
>>
>>17190340
I think it was the fact that I had a knee jerk reaction to think "haha fat bitch" when I saw it that gets to me. I do hope she's happy though.
>>
>>17190347
That's perfectly normal, in my opinion. Just don't dwell on it. I don't think you should feel bad or guilty at all at this point.
>>
>>17190336
Bin laden, saddam are not movies anon.

Not that many bad people get theirs in the end and it feels good when they do. The world is filled with unjustice so savor the times when people find justice.
>>
>>17189949
Same, except she also has three kids

Don't worry about it, the gloating will feel good for maybe a week and it gets boring very quickly, I mean you have a life without her now
>>
I was happy when I saw my ex broke up with the guy she cheated on me with, even though they both seemed devastated.
That's how humans work, bro.
>>
>>17190049
Dude at any given time I'm like 4-7 of the capital vices.

It's a horrible attitude, but I don't actually hurt anyone.

Also, different anon, not talking about ex gfs.
>>
>>17192793
all this edge
>>
>>17190332
>And im actually a pretty selfless person
>A nice guy damn it
>A nice guy
>nice guy

Read "No more Mr. Nice Guy" by Dr. Glover.
No seriously, read that!

>>17190336
Yeah, cause our culture raises us to be Gynocentric and put woman first in the hope it gets us pussy. - It doesn't
>>
>>17190332
>A nice guy damn it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6ngThqMEs
>>
File: baitu.gif (841 KB, 430x834) Image search: [Google]
baitu.gif
841 KB, 430x834
>>17193254
>I get my revenge by being successful and not harming anyone physically, verbally, or in any way
>edge
>>
>>17193392
>Dude at any given time I'm like 4-7 of the capital vices.
>not edge.
>>
>>17193401
I'm admitting to my faults. I'm not even being weeby about it.
>>
>>17193474
oh my bad, I thought you were bragging about being 2sinful4me. But yeah, success is the best revenge, sucks to feel guilty for it.
>>
>>17193494
The reality is that it's just a form of pretend to make you feel better which is why I don't feel guilty. If I meet someone rude to me and some amount of time larer I'm fine and they're struggling, then I just justify it by thinking that they must be rude to everyone and that's self sabotaging.
>>
>>17189949
Don't feel bad. Laugh and feel good.
>>
>>17189968
nigga i was looking for that book
thanks
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.