[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are long distance relationships possible? I really love my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: efdrtyuio.jpg (84 KB, 722x739) Image search: [Google]
efdrtyuio.jpg
84 KB, 722x739
Are long distance relationships possible?

I really love my girlfriend, we promised each other we wouldn't break each others trust while we both go to college (we're like 5 states away) and i really want to make this work. We talked about marriage but we both agreed to do that after we finish.

I trust her not to do anything because she's always been someone who would rather sleep at home or study than party (unless her sister or friend makes her go out with them). The only thing im afraid of is that shes almost overly-friendly with strangers. When we both were highschoolers and before we were officially together, there was a span of many boys who kept getting attached to her because she couldn't see they were into her and do something about it. Besides that, nothing else.

Ive never been a charismatic guy who flirts with everyone he meets, ive only ever focused on one girl and never have done anything to hurt them, also like my girlfriend; i dont really enjoy partying, so i trust my self not do anything stupid.

I love her and i hope she loves me back, and im ready to make this work. What do you guys think?
>>
Op,

This issue concerns you now fresh out of high school. After four years of college you will not be the same person. She will not be the same person. Can a long distance relationship work? Yes. In the right circumstance, however, for two horny 18 year olds? No. It will not work. You will only hurt yourself, and your girlfriend if you pursue this. If youve both decided that college is more important than marriage, maybe that should be a good indicator that your love for her it not as intense as you think that it is.

>tl:dr youre young and horny. It wont work.
>>
Why did you go to separate colleges?
>>
>>17189894
Different interests and grades. obviously i wont disclose where im going , but its for astrophysics, and she wanted to do medical things.
>>
I say no.

What's the point of a gf who you can't fuck let alone have any kind of physical intimacy?
>>
>>17189884
Okay, I didn't come /adv/ for actual advice, shetlord. I came here to have people tell me I'm right and have nothing to worry about. Don't ever reply to me or my threads again!
>>
>>17189913
Im gonna assume it was you who wrote the first thing.
I read what you said and thought about it, why do i have to have input. Thanks i guess?
>>
If you were together at least for a year and knew each other longer, then it might.
Though, yeah, first anon is right, college changes people, you mature there. It's real. Skype often and meet each other as often as possible. Try, it's not like you lose anything.

Kek, missed my chance to confess to a guy, I liked for a long time, went to far away college. It was heartbreakingly hopeless.

So go for it, but don't betray your dreams. You won't like it, but there indeed are fish in the sea.
>>
>>17189909
Some guys actually like their girlfriends as people, amazing right?

OP: You're going into the wider world for the first time. College, straight to work, gap year, any of those things will change a person. What you want and enjoy now might not be the same in a year, let alone four. It's not IMPOSSIBLE for things to work out, but be prepared.
>>
I've been in a LDR for over 4 years now. I'd say they can work out, but they're definitely a challenge.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.