[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get over feeling like an oddball, feel like you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image%3A402256.jpg (23 KB, 640x373) Image search: [Google]
image%3A402256.jpg
23 KB, 640x373
How to get over feeling like an oddball, feel like you don't belong anywhere, everyone is out of your league? And that people talk with me only out of politeness?
How do you fix it?

I hate bothering people, and I feel like I do and I waste their time.
>>
>>17189776
I know this FUCKING feel. OP of >>17186275 here.
One solution is to find someone that seems to appreciate you strangeness. Made some progress on that today, actually.

Another is to embrace it. Watch movies. See the freak characters that go around making everyone uncomfortable on purpose and enjoying it? Start doing that.
>>
>>17189776
What specifically makes you feel like such an oddball?
>>
a few things

>feeling like an oddball

its okay to be odd. it feels cringy to describe myself as odd, but there isnt a better word. but that being said,

>you dont belong anywhere

not true. society isn't homogenous in any way. were all different. a lot of people have one really weird thing but htey slowly introduce you to it so you dont think they are weird.

recently i met a girl off tinder, she came over to my place. in one night i let out ALL of my crazy due to a brain disorder i had that kinda made me unfiltered.

and to my surprise even after talking about flat earth theory, and dinosaurs and cartoons, she came back the very next night. and we've been seeing each other ever since. going over to hers tonight actually.

>everyone is out of your league

if you mean emotionally or interest wise, find people like you. if you mean looks wise, you cant be that bad. most people arent really attractive (Especially girls) they just put work into it.

especially me. if i put no effort into my appearance id look like an ugly ass mother. like the ugliest. but with all the hard work i put in im about a 6. maybe a 7 when i get fit, we will see.

worse case scenario if it really does bug you that much get plastic surgery. in my opinion as long as you did something like workout to make your body right, its okay to spend money (Especially money you earned) to fix the things you cant fix 'naturally'.

just remember that people are assholes regardless of whether or not you are a good person. and people are good regardless of whether or not you are an asshole.

just be the best you that you can be, do what makes you happy, and dont worry about what people think in their own brains.
>>
>>17189776
Learn how to write and move to New York
>>
>>17189799
Thanks, anon, I'll follow this advice.
>>17189813
That is helpful, thanks!
The story is too good to be true in a good way.

I made friends these months with people, whom I admire. They are so old-school: into jazz/classical music, good books, art, they don't text in facebook or use memes, don't even watch tv shows.

Bumped into that company by sheer luck, people of my age all send each other funny pictures in facebook. I hate that it constitutes real communication, and I suck at texting on fb so much, I talk to nobody there. Not counting exchanging vital information.

I hope my new friends won't leave me (they are graduating soon :( ) , I don't seem to understand that meme culture, even though I love learning about memes, oops.

Always think like I had loneliness coming all along and opposing the majority is my actual thing, so i shouldn't complain. I lost contact to my old friends, though, because of that "can't understand the point of fb conversations" thing, and it's sad. Feel like an arrogant asshole sometimes.
>>
>>17189776
I hear you man. I think almost everyone feels like they don't truly fit in places. I just graduated college and haven't taken a single friend with me. I ask people to hang out and they all feign business in order to make me leave them alone. It really hurts to feel like people yiuve known for years have no interest in spending time with you or seeing you ever again.

I do continue to make friends at work though. Hopefully it's a start. Just remember there's always somebody, there has to be. Even if it doesn't *feel* like it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.