[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (638 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
638 KB, 2048x1536
So my mom and dad agreed to pay for my entire college tuition, however, now my dad has backed out because I wanted to go to a college he didn't believe was good enough.
Now I'm forced to go to a college I really don't want be in, and I feel
Like I don't fit in there.
Should I suffer four years there and take it or try and transfer regardless of the costs to a plac where I would be happier?
>>
Free ride vs. paying.

Son, you need to get your head out of your ass.
>>
Any real reason you dont want to go to this college? I would say 100% that you have to do what he tells you seeing as he is going to be paying a fortune for it. That doest mean that you shouldnt try and talk him round to your point of view though.
>>
>>17189385

>i dont fit in here

im sorry are you claiming you dont fit in an entire fucking school cuz its not the school you wanted to go?

this is why people hate millenials. you could make friends in a fucking trench on mars if you were drafted to go there. stop being whiny.
>>
>>17189411
This, you have no idea the struggle you're avoiding by getting a free ride
>>
>>17189385
all colleges are the same. Unless you're going to a specific school with national recognition, it doesn't matter what specific school you go to. I'd recommend one like that, though, over a school no one's heard of.
>>
File: 1386923230412.jpg (19 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
1386923230412.jpg
19 KB, 500x344
>>17189385

>and I feel like I don't fit in there.

You're being a baby.

"WAAAAA, MY DADDY IS PAYING FOR COLLEGE BUT I HATE IT CAUSE I DONT FIT IN."

Seriously, I had this same conversation with my son not too long ago when he started kindergarten.

Suck it up, take the free ride, get your education, get the fuck out. The only thing you're going to suffer from at the college you're at is your own autism.

College is a big place. If you can't find at least a handful of friends or a social scene to identify with on that entire campus then the problem is you, not the college.
>>
>>17189385
Free ride's a free ride.
Suck it up famicom, you'll be extremely lucky if this is the last time you'll have to do something you don't want to.
>>
OP here

I would like to add that after I was accepted into the school I wanted my parents agreed to help pay for it, leading me to turn down a full ride from ASU in favor of this college. But the week before I enrolled I was told via an email from my dad that he didn't think any of my colleges were the right "fit" for me and he would only support the other college. I'm mostly pissed about the fact that on a whim my parents torn down 2 years of my hard work to get into my dream school.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.