[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>alright, depressing shit time So my lady of 6 months has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1462572459522.jpg (28 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462572459522.jpg
28 KB, 1024x576
>alright, depressing shit time
So my lady of 6 months has really bad multiple personality disorder, borderline schizo. Her 2 most often personalities are a sweet girl who cares about others more than herself, and the other is a hateful, degrading sloth of herself, who always puts harm to her before helping herself, which is just terrible.

Last Sunday, I was at the Atlanta Airport all night because I missed my connecting flight, and she was really upset about something she didnt want to tell me about. This was contrasted by my happier than usual mood, since I just got a promotion from the wigs in ATL. She had been in a shitty mood all week, and last night she finally told me what was wrong.

She had been battling with her less-than-desirable self about how badly she treats herself, and it got to the point of near-excessive self harm. She didn't want to tell me because I had been so happy and she didn't want to bring me down.

How can I get across to her that she can tell me anything whenever? Trust is not an issue, we establish and maintain that every day. The problem is that she thinks of herself less than what she really is, and it shows up in her personality. hlep?
>>
My only advice for you is to not date people with mental illnesses if you can do better.
>>
>>17189344
Thats not how love works. It doesnt matter their baggage, if you love them you stick with them no matter what.
>>
>multiple personality disorder, borderline schizo
Has this been confirmed via a professional?

>>17189350
I would agree if she became "crazy" after a long period of dating/marriage. OP has only been with her 6 months and she obviously already had some "issues."

>>17189344
Is right.
>>
>>17189335
I know its soppy but make her feel special and shit
Give her the works, or at least something else to think about.
First poster is a stupid fag, leaving her whilst she is über depressed is going to.... Well I think you know what might happen

Try giving her a new hobby, but not something that can be destroyed in seconds, like art or something. Try Vidya games, let her take out her rage in a relatively easy shooter, like TF2

Good luck and godspeed my child
>>
OP here.

>>17189357
Yes, it was before we got together, and it was evident early on. That didn't give me any reason to not care for her as I do.

>>17189360
Thats what I'm doing. We get off playing Sm4sh quite often, sometimes Destiny, Minecraft, etc. Shes just as much of a gamer as I am, which is nice.
>>
>>17189360
OP again, she also is an amazing artist, sings like an angel, a wonderful pianist, marches Drum Corps with me (shes guard), and loves movies.
>>
>>17189389
Looks like your doing all you can at the moment.

Dont forget that sometimes that your best really is the best that anyone can do, no matter how hard you try.

I really do hope it works out for you
>>
>>17189396
OP, cheers m8
>>
>>17189335
Hit her with a rolled up newspaper when she misbehaves and pet her and give her treats when she acts good
>>
>>17189435
I can confirm that this is a very good technique and it works wonders.
>>
>>17189335
>multiple personality disorder
no she doesn't. She had borderline personality disorder. Those are people who love you one minute and hate you the next for no discernible reason. It's nigh untreatable, so i'd recommend getting out now.
>>
>>17189335
You can't make someone well. You can't force someone to value themselves, regardless of what you say to them or how well you treat them.

And for people who truly have serious mental illness, you are making a very very bad choice in who you're picking for a potential life partner.

You can just tell her it's ok to tell you whatever she wants, but you have to acknowledge that she's right, that telling you "well, I'm harming myself again" is going to immediately shift the focus from whatever is making you happy to her.

And that's really the problem with trying to have a relationship with people with severe "issues" of any kind: unless those issues are resolved, your shared focus is almost always going to be on those issues.
>>
>>17189335
Multiple personality disorder/DID is not real, she most likely has BPD like others said. Run.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.