[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I met this guy on tinder, the only one who didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Hey /adv/
I met this guy on tinder, the only one who didn't want to fuck me on the first date, genuinely fun to talk to and physically and mentally attractive too. We went out on dates for about three months, the thing is we're in Japan (he's japanese, I'm not) and dating here is something I can't wrap my mind around. To put it simple, it's considered normal for the guy to "confess" to the girl rather soon if he's really interested, instead of letting the relationship flow naturally as I was used to back in my country. Now he's been pretty shy from the beginning but I guess I can't use that anymore as an excuse for his lack of directness, he always treated me like nothing more than a friend every time we met, only once he said he liked me through texting, we met once again and I expected him to finally say something about it but he didn't. I texted him casually later, but instead of his normal eagerness to meet again he seemed kind of cold, the conversation was uncomfortable and short.
It's been almost two months since, my birthday was last week, to which he didn't say anything, also I just found out he unfriended me on facebook. I'm too proud to text him anymore since last time he didn't even respond properly when I said goodbye, but it's still killing me because I really thought everything was going well.
I'm sorry that my english sucks and that I can't phrase what I mean in any other way, I just can't stop thinking about him, I don't think I've ever liked someone so much and having him drop contact like this for seemingly no reason depresses me horribly.
Should I try once more to contact him and see what happens? Or was I just leading myself on with this and should move on? I wish I had some to talk about this with but you’re my only option now /adv/ :(
>>
I think it's hopeless. The guy showed every sign that he didn't want anything, you just lead yourself on.
>>
>>17189255
There's a reason why jap birthrates are at a negative. The men in that country are not sexual and very apathetic. It's a robot society.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2016/02/10/voices/japan-birth-rate-beginning-end-just-new-beginning/#.V0iNuygyndt
>>
>great nipponman dating dirty gaijin girl
it's not going to happen, OP. His interest in you was probably for academic purposes only.
>>
>>17189261
>>17189267
>>17189279
Thanks guys. Guess I needed to hear it from someone else.
>>
>>17189597
you know what though there's nothing wrong with shooting him a "hey I thought we got along well and I was hoping it was gonna go further, was there a miscommunication somewhere?"
>>
Japanese people take something like 20-30 dates for AT LEAST walking with you hands on hands, it take a loooot of time.
If you want things to get faster, take the lead but don't be too abrupt the way you do it, he'll be maybe dominant in relationship, but completely apathetic when it come to seduction.
Also, make him drink a little, A LITTLE anon, don't get wasted, just enough to be more comfortable.

Good luck.
>>
>>17189255
I'm just curious, OP what is your ethnicity? I ask mostly because it seems like you two might have a miscommunication due to cultural differences. The way you describe his behavior is the way some guys act when you have inadvertently offended them or rebuffed their advances , without knowing / understanding the signals you were sending.
>>
>>17189780
I'm Colombian. Very white. I've been extra careful with the whole cultural differences thing and I can't really think of anything I might have done to offend him.

>>17189764
Thanks for the advice :)
I would try it if we were still in contact, I'm now considering texting him something like this anon suggested >>17189751
I'm still unsure about it since it seemed as if he unfriended me on facebook so as to not say anything to me on my birthday. Which kinda sucks. I might be thinking too much but I really can't help it :/
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.