[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on this board normally only reply to advice that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: ian curtis.jpg (103 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
ian curtis.jpg
103 KB, 500x658
Why do people on this board normally only reply to advice that involves relationship trouble? and on the rare occasions that people do reply to advice not relating to relationships, they normally call op an autist.
>>
>>17188386
bump
>>
what advice are you looking for?
>>
Because a major part of life is relationships. Everybody is looking for love and people love to give relationship advice, also it gives hem an opportunity to tell their little stories as examples so they can vent about their relationship struggles. In short everybody wants to be loved.
>>
You're wasting your time OP. I've tried to get that answered before.
>>
>>17188493
thanks for the reply, though i am aware of this. im more concerned about why people rarely reply to anything else? i can understand why people often post about relationships problems but that doesn't mean most people have to ignore people with other problems.
>>
>>17188498
lol did you get any replies? i have been coming here for nearly a year and im fed up of the way other issues get ignored.
>>
>>17188386
Because relationship questions are general enough for most people to feel they have something to contribute.

Ask a specific question about some technicality in what ever subject and you'll have to be lucky for some anon who know about that subject to see your post.
>>
>>17188520
i understand that someone wont get many replies if they ask about something obscure like "how can i get better at boxing". im referring more to shit where people ask stuff like "i want to improve myself" "brother is a neat, what do" - obviously these are shortened examples that i could remember
>>
>>17188552
But those threads get tons of replies. It's just that the OP never wants to hear it beacause the advice always involves hard work, when OP wants a magic pill.
And often /adv/ can't help because there's not really much that can be reasonably done. In those cases /adv/ just don't have any better ideas than OP themselves can reasonably be expected to come up with.
>>
>>17188503
Well it's probably the easiest problems to reply to. Almost everybody has atleast some experience with relationship woes themself.
>>
Probably be uses most people have been in a relationship of sorts, I've also found that depression gets a lot of (mostly useless because not many people have depression) advice
>>
>>17188572
you sure? i have been coming here for about a year, and i have noticed that threads like that normally only get about 10 replies.
>>
I'm new to 4chan, to me 15 replies is a ton, the sixties are too damn high
>>
Because this board has a high proportion of female posters. Guess what the discussions will primarily be about.
>>
>>17188602
fair enough. how come you started coming on 4chan? jusy wondering. one of my friends used to come here alot and he got me into it.
>>
>>17188591
And mostly that's about 7 replies more than op's question warrants.

10 replies is not a little.
>>
>>17188605
good point. women are typically obsessed with relationships.
>>
I came to 4chan because I wanted the source of the memes also I just wanted to give it a try I've found that /adv/ is my preferred board
>>
>>17188579
But Most anons on this board are kissless virgins what advice could they give that doesnt belong on /r9k/
>>
>>17188645
Because even kissless virgins, especially kissless virgins, think a lot about relationships, so they feel they can say something on the subject.
>>
File: 1456242062592.gif (4 MB, 350x185) Image search: [Google]
1456242062592.gif
4 MB, 350x185
>>17188386
I only reply to thread about career advice, specifically math related.
>>
>>17188621
This. Relationship threads have more replies because either of the following:
>OP is a fag and refutes advice because he's afraid of losing his gf and everyone convinces him otherwise
>some bullshit about "why does girls do this :(((((" leads to debates about women, /r9k/ spergs out to the thread and /pol/ views on women are delved into and dissected for hours on end
>OP takes advice and puts it out to action immediately, then asks again for continuation. Loop continues until OP outed as a fag
Meanwhile, the advice for self-improvement or other are usually closed ended, most of them is taking up a habit like lifting and going out. There's really nothing left to say about the topic since OP wouldn't really go debating about taking up a new hobby compared to debating whether or not his so is worth the keep.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.