[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taking roses for first date?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 501x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 501x414
Been talking to her for awhile and we just hit it off and we're finally meeting up , would taking roses be a bit much ?
>>
Yeah, you want to keep things casual. Roses would be weird.
>>
im not sure. i have been arranging a date with a girl for a couple of weeks now. i dont really know her so i doubt i will lay it on so thick.
wine is romantic and consumable, and not soppy. wine...
>>
>>17188283
like one rose is ok but not a bunch
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 818x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 818x545
>>17188293
Lol seems it
>>17188294
Just gonna meet up and see what happens
>>17188297
And yeah I was thinking one rose , that multi colored rose.
>>
NO NO NO
THIS IS A BIG NO

IM A FEMALE, AND THAT WOULD BE SUPER WEIRD DON'T DO THAT. IF YOU WANT HER TO THINK YOURE A TOTAL BETA LOSER KEK, YOU SHOULD DEF BRING FLOWERS ON THE FIRST DATE LMAO

The only time you should get her flowers or a flower is if you've been on several dates or are dating/a couple. And if you do, don't bring them to the fucking restaurant. Bring them to her house.
>>
>>17188310
pretty good actually. if you do it just do it right. u seem competent.
>>
I'm going to say yeah... probably too much... and this is coming from someone who works in flowers for a living...

A single rose... maybe?

Gifts are usually better saved for when you actually really kind of know and are comfortable with each other, so it comes off as sweet and not desperate.
>>
>>17188310
>multipal color Rose
Wtf dude she will think your gay
>>
No don't take perishables that are awkward to carry around like roses. You want to actually DO stuff on the first date right? Roses are for like, when you can have them delivered somewhere because then you don't subject her to the misery of carrying that shit around for the rest of the day.
>>
>>17188317
so fuck roses , my presence is enough ?
>>17188321
Fine , fine. Fuck it , does seem pretty desperate.
>>17188326
I want her to think that.
>>
>>17188331
hey nice guy greg here:
op remember these girls are emotionally stunted just like us.
a lot of girls like gestures, and wont look down on you for romantic expression. even on date 1. the practicality issue noted by anon is pretty valid tho. take the rose to her house, and do it on the first date, to prove to these hotdog sucking degenerates that eros flies higher than their calous mtv brainfarts.
>>
Yes, roses would be a bit strange OP. I would not advise bringing them on a first date.

After dating for a long while though, they become a very thoughtful gift and many love flowers.
>>
>>17188331

Yeah. Probably.

I already told you roses were a bad idea, but honestly... maybe she's the type of girl who'd find it kind of cheesy and oldfashionedly cute? You got to have a particular type of naive swag and she's got to have a particular of sensibility for it to work.

Odds are, you're probably better off getting her another flower over roses because roses they tend to be kind of visually overwhelming, and be a pretty loaded flower in terms of meaning.

I remember I got my girlfriend alstromerias for our 3rd date (partially because... they're literally right there for me...), and it worked out well because they were her favorite, and I gave them to her at the end of the date (flowers like alstromerias, they keep pretty ok in heat and out of water--which is not true of flowers like roses, tulips, lilies, etc).

The best is always her favorite, but something small and kind of sweet like ranunculus or dianthus (sweet william, not green ball) are a lot less overwhelming and a lot cheaper. (I work in wholesale, so I'm not really sure of retail prices, but off the top of my head if two doze roses are $20, a bunch of ranunculus are like $8, and dianthus is like $5 or $5)

But, you can go ahead and scrap the flower idea if you want, but I still think that much all is good basic knowledge for whenever you do want to buy flowers.
>>
>>17188317
>The only time you should get her flowers or a flower is if you've been on several dates or are dating/a couple.

Even then only for her birthday or some shit like that.
>>
>>17188331
Than you doing fine
>>
>>17188342
Hahaha, yes!

But no. Save the rose for when it means something. A rose from someone who's basically still a stranger can only be appreciated for it's fabulous beauty in and of it self. When you know each other, the gesture is personal and the act becomes a beautiful moment. Context is important. First date is not the right one, unless you do it 'ironically'
>>
>>17188283

No that's retarded. Flowers are something you bring when you're going out for something like an anniversary, birthday, or other big event. Regular dates don't need that shit. Flowers are also okay (and always appreciated), if you two are just hanging out at home and you surprise her with flowers. Don't be an autist and bring flowers to a regular date.
>>
Everyone's thought it the same. Do NOT give a bunch of roses.
One, MAYBE, but that is still awkward. The multi-colored rose idea someone gave, that's okay, cuz it's "nifty" LOL
Try just showing up.
If you're asking this question, you aren't 70 years old. If you were, that would be awesome to bring bunches of roses. Unless you are 70, just show up.
Want to be chivalrous? Pay for the meal/coffee/drink.
Save the flowers for a little bit, until you know her favorite, then surprise her on a special occasion.
>>
No roses. No roses at all. Maybe down the line, on a 4th or 5th visit at her house, show up with roses if you're really into that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.