[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one not become a misogynist? All my life I grew up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1461233096655.jpg (77 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1461233096655.jpg
77 KB, 1280x800
How does one not become a misogynist?

All my life I grew up watching miserable marriages in my family and even coworkers jokingly tell me to never get married. Then there's all this crap everywhere on the internet, sure it's just anecdotal but there's literally millions of pieces of evidence against them. As if all of this isn't enough you gotta throw in some neo-feminism and tumblr radicals who're trying to make things even more "fair" for women.

I've had girlfriends who were okay but I'm worried about the future.
>>
>>17187786
Being a realist is not the same thing as being misogynist. Stay MGTOW
>>
Just understand that men are fucking stupid too, you just understand them better because you are one.
>>
File: 1464054727073.jpg (45 KB, 640x646) Image search: [Google]
1464054727073.jpg
45 KB, 640x646
>>17187786

>How does one not become a misogynist?

One gets the fuck out of 4chan and never looks back.
>>
>>17187796
I don't understand that men are "fucking stupid" at all. I don't agree with that whatsoever.
>>
>>17187804
One of the most obvious ways men are fucking stupid is in how the constantly suck up to and defend women as if they are perfect angels and nothing is ever their fault.
>>
File: 1425458341447.gif (983 KB, 355x339) Image search: [Google]
1425458341447.gif
983 KB, 355x339
>>17187814
>>17187794
>>17187786
>>17187804

Sweet jesus, here we go again....
>>
>>17187786
Date smart people.
> ex was training to be doctor
> smart af
> hated feminists
> openly stated she liked the patriarchal society
There's just so much stupid you have to sift through.
>Swallowing redpill is for autistic virgins
>>
>>17187836
>7836▶
>File: 1425458341447.gif (983 KB, 355x339)
>>>17187814 (You)
>>>17187794 (You)
>>>17187786 (OP)
>>>17187804>>17187836
>Stacy be all like ~sneer~ to your post.
>>
poorly disguised /r9k/ thread

try again
>>
>>17187859
>women
>smart people
>>
>>17187862
nope i don't do the /r9k/ thing. i'm a pretty average guy
>>
>>17187859

>ex

She has a shitload of internalised misogyny and was probably super crazy and insecure

Look, OP, you met a few crazy women. There's lots of crazy men too. You'll actually enjoy life more if you don't hate half the people you meet as a default.
>>
>>17187786
For what it's worth, a lot of feminists (and women in general) think marriage is a bum deal too. I'm a woman but I have no intention of getting married; I know I'm not a very emotionally open person or stable enough for a relationship or children, and I think I'd get more gratification out of an independent career.
>>
>>17187923
And then there's people with happy marriages too
It depends on the person, do what suits you and don't judge others for their actions
>>
>>17187926

Yeah, that's what I meant. Marriage isn't for everyone but I think it gets really overhyped in our culture. So a lot of people who shouldn't be married get pressured into marrying anyway and everyone involved gets hurt. Remove the stigma about being unmarried and then the people who really want it and are good for each other will be able to have happy relationships.
>>
>>17187940
It's not really overhyped. Our culture is a dying one thanks to the lack of marriages and children. Only immigrants keep demographics stable whom regard family even more valuable than our society.
I'm not judging the individual, but in society as a whole marriage is definitely not overhyped if you value the stability and sustainability of said society.
>>
>>17187786
The opposite of love isn't hate, but indifference. A lot of MGTOWs will tell you this, but the thing is, they haven't actually grasped what it means. Marriage is shit? OK. Women are annoying? OK. What that means is that you should choose to remain a bachelor and just avoid women to the extent that you can rather than dwelling on them incessantly and to the exclusion of nearly everything else, as MGTOWs tend to do. That's the trick to living as a happy, sensible bachelor rather than a misogynist.
>>
90 percent of all humans are assholes. Tons of women are capricious bitches and tons of dudes are either chaddouches or tryhard autists. Gotta sift through everyone to find quality people.
>>
>>17187804
Because we tend to think with our dicks when women are getting involved, especially attractive ones
>>
File: BOYS.png (43 KB, 560x530) Image search: [Google]
BOYS.png
43 KB, 560x530
>>17187836
THE /R9K/ RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
>>17187803
but you're still here...
>>
>>17187786

>people say you shouldnt get married
>how do i not blame women for this

it takes two to tango. you are not perfect. men are not perfect. just cuz a woman gets a lot more out of a divorce doesn't mean all women are evil.
>>
My soggy knees is a stupid label for morons to throw around so they can discredit you and attack you without effort.

Be critical and act on your experience and judgement, and you should never need to fear the label. It should roll off you like water.

Unless you hit a string of bad women and it tarnishes your experience. But then you're entitled to be a misogynist so who cares.
>>
>>17187803
>implying one can
>>
>>17189285
>Good women
>Existing
I'm skeptical about this
>>
>>17189351
Then you're not being critical and deserve to be slandered and denigrated.
>>
>>17189368
Which begins a vicious cycle...
>>
>>17189397
If you'd rather trust the words of morons on a cambodeancavepaintings forum about the nature of women, rather than your own experience and judgement, then you're a lost cause and will fall victim to your own prophetic paranoia.

Look within yourself, you know this to be true.

And don't post with elipsis my dad does that and he's a fucking loser.
>>
>>17189464
Does your dad eat food? Better stop eating then because if your dad is a loser and does something that means anyone who does that activity is a loser too.

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1404204819959.gif (3 MB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
1404204819959.gif
3 MB, 640x358
>>17189302
>>17189206
>>17189151
>>17189351
>>17189302

I guess I'm not so easily brainwashed.

I've been coming to 4chan forever but I'm not a misogynist because I'm not a fucking idiot. I got good at talking to women through trial and error and with the proper amount of time and experience I learned how to avoid the crazy ones and now have a fairly easy time talking to and connecting with the good ones.

Its a really simple skill to gain if you're willing to blame yourself for your inability to interact with women and not women. People here aren't willing to accept the vacuum of their own experiences and instead choose to extrapolate and lay every bad experience they have with a woman on the collective laps of women. They participate in this group echo chamber of delusions and justifications and after awhile it becomes more than just a poorly constructed meme; it becomes real.

When I was a teenager dialup was just being invented. I had no dysfunctional internet club that supported my delusions. The echo chamber did not yet exist, so I was forced to go out into the real world and grapple with these issues instead of running to 4chan to let thousands of angry men convince me my prepubescent resentment of the opposite sex was real.

The truth is that everyone has their flaws and that there's different kinds of good people and bad people and it rarely has anything to do with gender. Simple answers are hard to accept. Conspiracies and biases are convenient because then it isn't your fault and you don't have to take any responsibility. Thats millennials for you.
>>
>>17189464
I am completely following my experience and judgment...

I might be considered an edgelord for this but I think a complete genocide would be in order once their biological exclusivity on reproduction has some kind of substitute
>>
>>17187786
I don't see how not wanting to get married and misogyny are the same.
>>
>>17189519

>I might be considered an edgelord for this but I think a complete genocide would be in order once their biological exclusivity on reproduction has some kind of substitute

Its more than a consideration. It should be tattooed on your forehead. You couldn't be more of a silly fuck if you tried.
>>
>>17189525
Don't underestimate the power of shaming tactics about it, you'd be kinda surprised of the outcome
>>
>>17189510
>dadpost
Fuck off dad you're a loser.
La hoo sa her.
>>
>>17189573
>implying I'm a dad
How does... It feel... To... Be... Retarded?
>>
>>17189514
Why are you quoting me?
>>
>>17189584
You tell me dad you loo loo loser.
>>
>>17187794
>>17187786

If you live in a country where prenups still work, marrying is not that bad. If in one where they do not work in court, do not marry.

You can still date women unmarried.
Still respect them.

Life ain't black or white.
>>
>>17187786
Don't get your hopes up, that way people can't let you down.
>>
>>17187804
Not the person you're responding to. In my experience (as a man) men tend to think like machines or robots, and tend to be abysmal and predicting people's reactions to things, understanding cause and effect, or finding effective ways to communicate. Half the posters on here claiming to have undiagnosed aspergers are really just talking about the way the average guy processes the world.

In a mechanical world where everything follows the rules of logic and order, this would be an asset, but because that's just not reality, men tend to make the same mistakes over and over because they can't predict what's going to happen.

I've seen a lot of men essentially do the same thing over and over and over (in love, relationships, in school, at work, etc) expecting the result they want because it's "logical" or "fair" and getting increasingly upset when they fail every single time.
>>
>>17189606
>Be a misogynist by default
At least you're sure to never be fooled
>>17189602
Last time I checked, doesn't work anywhere in the west. By default
>>
>>17189641
>Last time I checked, doesn't work anywhere in the west. By default

>USA
>"the west"

It works in Germany.
In several other countries of Europe well.

Only thing that you usually cannot rule out is child support, but ruling out alimony, 50/50 split, and shit like that totally works here.
>>
>>17187786
For me it was by being raised by a single mother who did a decent job of being a parent.
>>17187804
For one thing, compared to women, most men are a little autistic. Women have a tendency to be over-emotional, but men have a tendency to be heartless (plus higher testosterone makes anyone have more violent tendencies).
t. white male autist
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.