[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I fuck up or did me and my boss both fucked up? >boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1400467607102.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1400467607102.gif
2 MB, 235x180
Did I fuck up or did me and my boss both fucked up?

>boss ask me for old report from X client, I'm FAR in another province
>I send the wrong one, forgot about the newest one, I tell my boss to contact me if anything happens
>he sends the wrong file to a fuckton of important people without double checking the mail
>they reply that it's the wrong file
>one of our partners has to sign every page of the new document again
>boss scolds me for fucking up, says he's dissappointed
>I get mad, I didn't know he was going to copy so many people in the mail, didn't doblechecked shit

this shit is probably going to cause me a good raise, maybe a promotion, and my boss trust, what do?

It's not the first time that I fuck up, but it's the first time that I fuck up in this manner. I'm always open with my boss about communication and double-checking important things before sending them and I feel like he ignored this.
>>
>>17187382
You fucked up. You didn't do what you had to do. Your boss relied on you and did exactly what he/she had to do. Your boss is not a babysitter and can't be expected to constantly double-check for you, that's your job
>>
File: 2011736618_ccceda0730_z.jpg (139 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2011736618_ccceda0730_z.jpg
139 KB, 640x480
You should get a job at a sandwich place. Maybe you are better at that
>>
>>17187382
Don't be a baby, you fucked up. Suck it up, apologize, and be wary for the next time this situation arises
>>
>>17187382
I kind of hate this concept that someone who has authority over you has the privledge for being lax. It is definately his responsibility to check shit before it gets sent, however the bullshit of office politics often makes it so blame is shoved solely on the subordinates. At the end of the day, your fuck up is your bosses fuck up. He has a right to be pissed that you fucked up and make you pay for it, but he shares in the blame too.
Teamwork.
>>
>>17187414

But that's the thing, his boss is probably also getting reamed for this by his bosses as well.
>>
>>17187382
Well, if in your line of work its important to double check reports, then as a good boss he would take the blame, since its also his responsibility to check. That does not mean you aren't wrong, but it gives you an example as his boss to be yourself more responsible for the things you are sending and double checking as well. Otherwise, because he blamed you, you can point all the bad things he did as well, but if he didn't, you can acknowledge that he knows is his duty as well to do those things, and for you to be more responsible for the things that you do. He didn't really need to put you under the bus, that doesn't really inspire a team, and if you cared about your job you would also try to not mess up again to him if he did that.

But in real life, there really aren't many bosses like that, so just take it as a lesson to double check things
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.