[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw missed the furcon I want to go to the next local one,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1439628185999.png (642 KB, 818x900) Image search: [Google]
1439628185999.png
642 KB, 818x900
>tfw missed the furcon
I want to go to the next local one, but I don't have a fursuit or a fursona because fursonas are dumb. I do want a fursuit though, because playing dress-up is fun.

How should I design it, character-wise? How do the true autists of furaffinity come up with their characters and stick to them?
>>
File: prettygirlprettygirl.png (1 MB, 825x873) Image search: [Google]
prettygirlprettygirl.png
1 MB, 825x873
Bumping for design advice.

If it helps, I like birds and harpies and other feathered things? Hence the OP pic.
>>
Fursuits are hella expensive, OP. You could always buy a character design from someone (seriously. Adoptables are very popular, and have a huge range of prices) Or, you could just make/buy a suit of a generic animal/creature like a gryphon, a specific bird, etc. You don't need a specific character or even a suit to attend a furcon.
>>
File: 1445375296005.jpg (123 KB, 960x796) Image search: [Google]
1445375296005.jpg
123 KB, 960x796
Pic related.
>>
>>17187348
>Fursuits are hella expensive, OP.
My plan was to sew my own partial for just gloves, arms, and **MAYBE** a head but probably only a mask to be worn with a hat, helmet, or maybe even a keffeigh done up over the head or something.

I don't have a sewing machine, but I've been stitching back together and modifying my own clothes for years, so I figure it'd be a good first project for a full garment instead of just tailoring clothes I already have, especially since seams should be hidden on such a thing. So my ugly uneven hand-stitching shouldn't matter once it's hidden under folds, pleats, and fake oily hair. Worst case, I waste some fake fur and have to go to a con in plain clothes anyway. Big whoop.

>You don't need a specific character or even a suit to attend a furcon.
True, but I really love dressing up in heavy outfits -- I'm in the military and wearing a firefighting entry suit with an air tank and mask, flood survival suits, "battle rattle", CBRN suits, and other big heavy tromping around gear has been an absolute blast, even in the summer. I had to wear a mascot suit a few times for some visibility/recruiting events, and while it was hot and sweaty and easily the most draining outfit I've worn, it's still fun enough. My only real complaint was the head, mascot heads are too big. Something more form fitting like a ballistic mask or gas mask type structure seems like it'd be more comfy, even if less cartoony and "cute".

>>17187352
I might be able to sew, but I can't tie a knot to save my life. I think I'll save that one for another time.
>>
>>17187379
As for form fitting, I would recommend looking into balaclava foam heads. They're hotter and stuffier, but made by foam being glued directly to a balaclava or ski mask-like mask. They also tend to get dirtier faster. You can also look into resin masks, a lot of which people premake and sell where you can fur/modify to your liking... but they're more expensive and much easier to break/damage (and fix). But they're also cooler temp-wise and last longer with proper care.

Anyway, I'm just saying if you're wanting to make a design, just go with what inspires you. Pick a favourite animal and make modifications to it (the possibilities are literally limitless) or just make a suit of your favourite animal itself. Species from games, creatures from mythology, or just lurk around FA and/or Weasyl for inspiration. iirc, matrices is a great site for all kind of tuts for making and caring for suits and stuff.
>>
>>17187423
Well, that's the thing -- I'm a handy guy and have few if any problems with construction of things as silly as this, but it's what exactly to do that's beyond me.

Like, should I hang tassels from a hoodie and pretend to be a bird? Is a sheer face covering like in the OP something to try out, or should I construct and fur a snout? Maybe a rolled/hammered metal or plastic beak on a mask? Or should I fur some gloves, wear street clothes on top of it, and wear something like a ballistic or gas mask instead of bothering with a furry head? Or maybe get something just colored and skintight like those japanese mascots wear beneath their baseball uniforms? Decisions, decisions.
>>
kill your fucking self; see >>17187352
>>
My advice would be to yiff in hell.
>>
>>17187606
I'd rather yiff in a hotel room, but I did have to navigate a flaming room once for training, so sure. Seems legit
>>
>>17187645
DC?
>>
>>17187746
No, I live in the barren tundra-covered wastelands of Montreal.
>>
shet up
>>
>brings up his military service twice when it was not relevant at all and no one asked
howboot.ru
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.