[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey so I'm currently undecided on what to do in a situation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1463748753697.jpg (115 KB, 601x590) Image search: [Google]
1463748753697.jpg
115 KB, 601x590
Hey so I'm currently undecided on what to do in a situation.

I recently cheated on my now ex-girlfriend when I was drunk. I told her and we broke up, The girl was a really nice girl, but I had just lost interest in her romantically and I cheated on her about a week before we broke up. It was a pretty shitty thing to do and I do feel genuinely bad about it.

I don't have any intention of getting back with her, but I know how much she liked me and I know that what I did probably really hurt her. So I was wondering, would it be best if I sent her a message just apologizing for everything that I did to her and telling her that what happened was in no way based on her, because she was a really great girl, I just didn't feel the way about her that she did about me in the end. Or would you think it best that I don't contact her at all and allow her to get over it? This isn't just some bullshit (well I just want to feel better) because I know what I did was a really scummy thing to do, I just want to do what's best for her.
>>
>>17186887

It should also be stated that I never have to see her again, as none of my friends are friends with her friends. It was just a university relationship between us, but I do still feel like kind of a cunt for what I did.
>>
>>17186887
yeah I'd consider that some good closure. Its best you explain that before she accidentally makes some life changes on false assumptions.
>>
File: 1448720341862.jpg (87 KB, 895x480) Image search: [Google]
1448720341862.jpg
87 KB, 895x480
>>17186887
yeah man also remember to tell her she was the best sex you ever had, she could use some ego boost.
Works every time for me.
>>
>>17187613
>Telling a nice girl that she was the best sex after breaking up with her
Yeah, no. I could see that line being used for a frisky girl that isn't so serious about relationships, but not a "really nice girl" as described. It would also make her feel like OP was just using her for sex, and therefore make her feel even more depressed.
>>
>>17186887
Yeah, no. Leave and let die. You can be friendly later on in life after the wounds have had time to heal.

2nd. WTF were you thinking? You don't cheat on your partner and you SURE as hell don't tell them if you did.

Remember that old saying "a gentle men never tells"? Well it goes both ways. Keep your personal business personal.
>>
>>17187795

Ehh I kinda felt that I owed it to be honest with her. I didn't want her to think that she had done something wrong in the relationship to cause the breakup.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.