[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my past relationships have began as follows: >meet girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
So my past relationships have began as follows:
>meet girl
>be friendly
>hook up
>hook up and do datey things
>exclusivity talk
>relationship
How do I eliminate some of these steps with girls I see as relationship material? I feel like straight out saying I want an exclusive relationship on the first date would scare away most women.
>>
>>17186881
>I feel like straight out saying I want an exclusive relationship on the first date would scare away most women
As it should, because you would be nuts to demand exclusivity from someone you don't even know. The point of the initial steps is getting to know the other person to see if they are "relationship material" as unless you notice immediate disqualifiers you can't judge them until you KNOW them. If you wanted, you could make it clear fairly early (date >3) that you value monogamy and would want to eventually be in an exclusive relationship, but other than that you can't really skip steps and expect to have a successful relationship.
>>
>>17186915
It just feels weird having that point where we're dating and hooking up and she could be hooking up with other dudes. I know I could be hooking up with other girls but I usually just like one girl at a time. And it feels like I'm being manipulated a lot in that non exclusive period. Maybe I'm just dating the wrong girls. I've seen some of my friends get into relationships like a day after meeting a girl and I ask them how and they say it just happens.
>>
>>17186991
Why do you feel like you are being manipulated?
>>
>>17187001
The first time I had the exclusivity talk with a girl it was because she made out with my friend to make me jealous. Probably was a red flag though but still she kind of forced my hand. Nothing like that has ever happened since but still it makes me feel insecure whenever I'm at that point with a new girl.
>>
>>17186881
>I want an exclusive relationship on the first date

Man, I wish life was that easy. Unfortunately, you have to get to know someone before you dedicate you time, money and emotions on the,
>>
>>17187039
>>17186915
I should mention that usually we're friends before hooking up.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.