[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me, 22yo >currently unemployed and no education >going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 0eb1377f.png (392 KB, 656x506) Image search: [Google]
0eb1377f.png
392 KB, 656x506
>be me, 22yo
>currently unemployed and no education
>going through old stuff
>find a list of names of people I went to middle school with
>look them up on facebook
>the majority is going to college / university / got their own company
>realize I grew up to be a fucking failure
>realize more and more how dumb I am compared to the others

I honestly feel like ending it all. I think I struck a new low in my life in terms of feeling bad.
It's not just because of tonight but the past couple of months just made me realize how pathetic I am all together, and seeing the old classmates being succesfull I guess was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Never have I thought about suicide up untill this day.

The fact that I'm a virgin that never had a gf at age 22 isn't helping.
I realized I'm a fucking weirdo that has nothing to offer and I honestly think I'm not even worthy of having a wife some day.

Can anyone relate to these feels?
What the fuck do I even do from this point on?
>>
>>17186781
Honest answer, join the Navy.

You lack direction and are going nowhere. You're lonely, no one understands you, and women don't like you for some reason. You can't get off your ass, yet you want someone to tell you to.

Seriously join the Navy. You'll find that the military is just for people like you, especially the Navy. The Army is for people that are lost totally. The Marines are for people trying to impress daddy.

The Navy is for lost souls trying to connect with others like them. Why do you think they all joined? You don't get into combat, bootcamp isn't really that hard, you meet friend from all across the world, you learn a trade and you get to travel the world.

You sign your life over for four years, true. But those four years you'll make friends and learn a trade.
>>
>>17186821
>join the navy

the simpsons are fucking real. this murikans are delutional
>>
>>17186781
>What the fuck do I even do...

You stop complaining and do something about it. Find one problem and fix it. Get a job, get a gf, at least try dammit.
>>
>>17186832
I offered a solution.

You can only say some quip "I saw in an episode of a cartoon made for adults that joining the military is bad."
>>
File: 1447728286565.jpg (231 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1447728286565.jpg
231 KB, 1280x960
>>17186781
I understand your pain OP. I guess some of us were just born to suffer.
>>
>>17186821

Thanks for the reply anon. I appreciate it.

I've thought about the military before.
I even went to a military school from 2013 through 2015. Got my basic military training and also learned how to work on trucks/jeeps.

The problem is that I can't be a soldier/sailor all my life.
And the trades you can learn in the military are shit tier.
Once you get back into civilian life, you're gonna be just as lost.

I've been working as an A/C mechanic the past year (saw an ad in the paper and I needed money). Hated every single minute of it and was constantly counting down the hours till I got to go home.

So a while ago they told me they didn't wanna renew my contract there because I'm a shit mechanic and here I am, feeling like a fucking retard.
>>
>>17186781
Join the military. Don't listen to any of the faggots accusing us of being shills.
>>
>>17186856
>>17186821
What if your a fucking dumb ass who would end up becoming private pile 2.0?
>>
>>17186854
Oh you have a job, that's good. Idk what you are so upset about then.

To put it into perspective, college is just gunna put a lot of your friends in debt, and they won't necessarily even make more money than you or get a job. People who say you need to go to college are pretentious fucks.

You are doing fine. Just stay employed, don't become neet. Most people hate their jobs, it's life.
>>
>>17186854
>>17186870
Wait, did you mean they ended your contract with the military or the A/C company?

Well if you got fired, go job hunting! I'm sure you'll find another job.
>>
>>17186870

I think you didn't read the entire thing..

>So a while ago they told me they didn't wanna renew my contract there because I'm a shit mechanic and here I am, feeling like a fucking retard.

I am an actual NEET. And I'm really ashamed.
>>
>>17186851
Yes OP, you do sign your life over to the military for four years, but it's not like you're signing your eternal soul over.

Once you get into the military they actually explain these exact things to you. Not only do you have a duty to your country, but you have a duty to reject and disobey unlawful orders.

"kill them all, you're a military drone". Doesn't happen.
They don't break your mind like that, they don't break your mind at all. You're not Wolverine.

No one is asking you to kill villages of innocent people and just deal with it "you signed your life over".

You just get a job, they make you work out for a bit while teaching you how to do whatever shit.
>>
>>17186877
You said you did military school and learned to work on jeeps/trucks.

Then said you got fired for being a shit mechanic...thought you were referring to that.

Still, you should be fine. Just hang in there and don't get too bummed while you find a new job as long as you try.
>>
>>17186877
It wasn't the right job for you. Look into apprenticeships and work your ass off. Become a plumber or something. People might laugh but they won't when you're the only one that can save their house from flooding at 4am
>>
>>17186877
>>17186894

Just to add, you aren't NEET if you were working then got laid off. That's just being unemployed.

NEET means the lazy fuckers who never did anything after highschool and mooch off their parents. You are looking for employment right? You aren't NEET :)
>>
>>17186895
So you think I shouldn't feel dumb for being a shitty A/C mechanic, even if my collegeaus there were fucking retards and still could do a better job than I did?

I really hope that "it wasnt the right job for you" thing is real, and that I'll soon find something that is right for me.

>>17186902
Hey that's right. Thanks anon.
>>
First of all, people are only going to post things they feel proud of on Facebook. You're not looking at an accurate account of their lives. If you compare all of your worst mistakes to their self-selected triumphs, of course you're going to end up feeling inferior.

Now, maybe you didn't make the best choices in the past (I'd be willing to speculate that you are making it out to be way worse than it actually is), but the past can't be changed. There is nothing stopping you from making a success out of yourself in the future, you just have to decide to do it.

The simple fact that you can write and read is all I need to know to tell you that you can achieve success. Language is a vastly complicated tool that's incredibly difficult to learn, yet you've learned it. I doubt you just figured it all out the instant you decided you wanted to learn language. You struggled, stumbled, made mistakes, and got frustrated with it plenty of times, but you still kept going. And that was when you were a baby child! If you put the same amount of effort in to acquiring success as an adult, you will achieve it.

An effective first step is to work on goal setting. It's a skill that you need to practice and refine just like any other. Mastering the ability to make a good goal is one of the most versatile and useful things you can learn. The most important thing is to keep them as concrete and specific as possible, and then give yourself a deadline.
>>
>>17186954

Thank you anon.
You sound like you know what you're talking about.

Have you got more?
>>
>>17186995

Damn nigga I just dropped a big ass advice bomb already give me a break.
>>
>>17187014

I know, I saved a screenshot of it because it's full of really great stuff.

I just don't wanna miss out on anything else you have when this thread goes 404.
>>
Now that you are watching those things happen, you can use this as a motivation from now on, stop feeling sorry for yourself because what you get is not what you deserve, is what you are willing to.
>>
>>17187035

Just go try stuff, man. You'll learn along the way.
>>
>>17186781
There's no point in comparing yourself to other people. Actually carrying that advice out is much, much harder but that doesn't change the fundamental fact that you shouldn't do it. Everyone's born with different circumstances, environments, and natural capabilities. The only thing that matters is you're trying your best to improve. Your self esteem will follow suit.
>>
>>17187047
>>17187057

Thank you guys. You're right.
>>
File: HumanDisaster.jpg (33 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
HumanDisaster.jpg
33 KB, 500x293
>>17186781
Man, it could be worse. I check facebook and see nothing but
>Graduated from Columbia today!
>Going to Stanford for my PhD in physics!
And i'm literally going to med school in a third-world country because i'm a fucking lunatic and thought it would be fun.
The trick is to remember that the scale is infinite. Everyone is a loser to somebody, and a massive success to somebody else.

I'm sure some NEETs on here would envy a med student, but some of them might look down on a guy who's taken half the psychiatric meds there are, styles his hair since he's too terrified of people to go out and get a haircut, has a small dick, and will probably die a virgin despite decent looks, a medical degree, and a strong 6-figure salary. It's all subjective, there's no objective measures of "loser" or "pathetic".

It's utterly pointless to compare yourself to others for anything other than shits and giggles, because there's no way to draw any serious conclusions.
>>
Sounds exactly like me.

I got nothing for you though. I just wish I could kill myself without ruining my parents lives.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.