[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>graduated college as a high achiever >burn out, drop out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
>graduated college as a high achiever
>burn out, drop out of grad school one week in
>work a couple shifts a week as a bartender
>spend the rest of my life in bed
>feel like I'm wasting my life but no idea what I'm meant to be doing otherwise

I feel like I always had a clear goal up until now, and working towards it was what kept me going. After realising law school wasn't for me though...there's just nothing. I've got nothing. I feel like I'm barely a person any more. How do I fix this?
>>
I feel the same man. After college was like a race to the finish, and since I've just been...free falling. Like the ground has been pulled out from under me.

Hope you get better soon. She's hot btw.
>>
>>17184970
Sounds like you need to figure out what you want to do.. obviously..

Easier said than done, I know. I never figured it out and just by luck ended up spending 10 years as a field rep for medical equipment company.

Now I'm faced with the question again.. what to do. I know maybe 2 people who work doing something that love. The rest just earn money to live.
>>
>>17185016
Just wish I knew how when I don't even feel like a person, senpai
>>
>>17184970
>How do I fix this?
You find your purpose. To do that you first need to get to know yourself.
>>
Put all your energy into finding a job based on you qualifications.
>>
>>17184970
Check with your old college about services to alumni. Sometimes the jobs office will serve alumni as well as students. They may give aptitude tests that will point you toward your strengths.
>>
>>17185146
I did, took an interview with a careers counsellor and everything. She basically told me to stay as a bartender after my chemistry degree.

>>17185138
There's really nothing out there I see advertised on job boards that relates to my degree. My original plans all always relied on grad school.

>>17185135
I hate to sound like a petulant kid...but how?
>>
op, did you wait any time before starting grad school?
>>
>>17185380
Nah, I thought I knew what I wanted and went for it. Now I feel like a useless burned out piece of shit.
>>
>spend rest of my life in bed
>feel underperforming
I really hope people stop shaming whores soon. There's nothing wrong about being a prostitute.
>>
>>17185452
Such funny. I wish.
>>
what is your degree in?
>>
have you ever considered becoming an officer in the military?
>>
Anon you sound depressed. Maybe you need to take a little time to get your health and well-being in order before you go tackling life?
>>
>>17185492
Read the thread. Chemistry.

>>17185500
Definitely not the life for me. I don't agree with a lot of what the military stands for and does.

>>17185520
I don't know. Doc reckons I'm not depressed. Might get another opinion. I don't think that diagnosis would solve much though.
>>
>>17185160
>I hate to sound like a petulant kid...but how?
Read books, read up on motivation, perhaps philosophy if you can stomach it. Try doing new things, think about your past; try to gauge what went wrong and why. as well as what went good. Focus on both sides of your life experience. Think about your strengths and weaknesses, your dreams and desires as a kid, teenager, adult.

Generally speaking you have to do a lot of introspection. Draw out all the good stuff. That will become the base for creating an image of yourself you should aspire to. Whereas with the bad negative stuff you should strive to correct them and exchange with good habits.

There's a lot more you can do to become the kind of person you want. Most importantly you have to have an open mind to new knowledge that up until now might have been unacceptable and the desire and actions in getting to know yourself must feel natural. If it's not natural and easy for you then it won't work. Do what comes easy to you in self-improvement.
>>
File: Carpenterfuckya.jpg (20 KB, 268x208) Image search: [Google]
Carpenterfuckya.jpg
20 KB, 268x208
>>17184970
Sounds to me like you need the natural satisfaction of working with your hands.
Of building.
Of seeing your accomplishments before your very eyes.
You need to be a carpenter.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.