[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I found out recently that my girlfriend has been going out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1332116444795.jpg (9 KB, 268x200) Image search: [Google]
1332116444795.jpg
9 KB, 268x200
So, I found out recently that my girlfriend has been going out to bars with her girl friend(s) and basically standing around until guys come up and buy them drinks. Then they small talk with the guys for a bit and possibly go to another bar to do the same thing. When I made it clear that this is totally not cool with me, she acted like I was being ridiculous. Apparently no harm can come from letting strangers buy you alcohol, especially when you have a boyfriend.

Have I been living under a rock or is totally some stupid whore bullshit??
>>
File: 1455447851827.png (560 KB, 799x441) Image search: [Google]
1455447851827.png
560 KB, 799x441
>>17184854
>Apparently no harm can come from letting strangers buy you alcohol, especially when you have a boyfriend.

What harm will come from it?

It's a little exploitative but really it's the guys fault for being chumps and buying drinks for girls they don't know
>>
>>17184886

Oh I dunno, maybe the implication that a man buying a drink for you wants to have sex with you? It's not like they're drinking apple juice, they're at least getting tipsy. Girls put themselves at risk of either getting raped or cheating on their boyfriends when they do this stupid shit.
>>
>>17184897
>Oh I dunno, maybe the implication that a man buying a drink for you wants to have sex with you?
The men who aren't buying drinks for also want to have sex with her. We're men....

>getting raped or cheating on their boyfriends
Do you think your girlfriend is a retard or something?
>>
>>17184901

I'm having a hard time feeling like someone that would get dressed up and go out to bars in search of male strangers to buy them alcohol is not a shitty human being - especially if that person has a boyfriend
>>
>>17184909
>a shitty human being
Like I said it's a little exploitative but hey, there's a sucker born every minute. If she's just tagging along with her friends for fun I really don't see any issue with it. If she is actively pushing them to go out with her for the sole purpose of deceiving some guy into believing there is a possibility of her sleeping with him when in fact, there is not, then yes it's not a nice thing to do.. I think you (or OP, if you're not OP) are overreacting
>>
>>17184854
Let's be real - your girlfriend is a whore and she's totally getting plowed by those dudes
>>
>>17184921

...Okay so the distinction here is whether or not she's "tagging along" or "actively pushing"? So she's not being shitty by doing it at all in the first place?

Is this fucking for real? Are there actually people that think this is okay??
>>
>>17184931
It's just not a big deal anon, who gives a fuck? If some moron with no chance chooses to buy her a drink, what do you care? You pretty quickly forgot about the "rape or cheating" thing, I suggest you think carefully about what part of this you actually object to
>>
>>17184854
What do you want us to say: your girlfriend is a slut?

You know she a ho.
>>
>>17184937

What the fuck are you talking about? When a girl shows up to a bar without a guy, stands around for a bit waiting for one to approach her, accepts the approach, accepts the alcoholic drink, and then chats with the guy over the drink for a bit, that sounds suspiciously like a typical interaction where the two people end up sexually involved.

Aside from that, it just seems to me like you're a shitty human being if you put on a pretty face just to have strangers buy you alcohol.
>>
>>17184953
>When a girl shows up to a bar without a guy, stands around for a bit waiting for one to approach her, accepts the approach, accepts the alcoholic drink, and then chats with the guy over the drink for a bit, that sounds suspiciously like a typical interaction where the two people end up sexually involved.

Do you think that every time a man and a woman speak to each other they end up fucking? Do you realise that many people just enjoy social interaction for what it is, and not some ulterior motive? You are really paranoid and insecure, I'm sure I'm not going to change your mind so idk what else to say really.. Talk to your gf, or maybe your therapist
>>
>>17184854
this is being a female 101. get all dolled up with your girlfiends, stand around at the bar pretending you're all single and looking to get fucked tonight and wait for losers to come buy you drinks.

make shitty small talk with them and then like the shitty human beings they are they leave to go do the same thing at another bar to another set of losers that are hoping to get laid.

if they do this enough times though they'll eventually run into a bill cosby disciple and wake up with a massive headache, naked, chained to a furnace in some dudes basement
>>
>>17184965

Are you like, 17? Do you go out in public?

You've got to be living under a rock if you think that men and women don't go out to bars to get drunk and try to fuck. If you're there with your friends, you don't accept approaches from strangers. Accepting shit from strangers in bars is a surefire way to get yourself into a bad situation.
>>
>>17184965
this is bullshit and you know it. yes people enjoy social interaction, it's one thing for your girlfriend to chat with the male cashier, or the guy in the shoe store, but a completely different story for her to get all dressed up in high heels and makeup to chat with random dudes at a bar. are random girls going to come up to her and offer to buy her a drink and chat? probably not. are these dudes buying drinks for other men at the bar to strike up a conversation about sports or some shit? NO. they're there to get laid, this is common sense.
>>
>>17184988
Well, it's kind of exploitative of OP's girlfriend to essentially cuck drinks out of losers, but you and those men are losers for thinking buying someone a drink = getting laid.

>Accepting shit from strangers in bars is a surefire way to get yourself into a bad situation.
Offering shit to strangers is a surefire way to get yourself into a bad situation.

>>17184997
Actually, in Australia at least people buy rounds for each other to strike up conversation. Fact of the matter is, it ISN'T a free for all advertisement for fucking, if it was these girls wouldn't go out to get free drinks.
>>
>>17184901
>>17184886
Christ you're an idiot.

They aren't doing it for the free drinks. Why the fuck would they even be going to bar then? JUST to get drunk?

Shes going there to flirt with men, talk to them, get to know them, and drink with them. Probably go dancing with them. A drunk girl dancing with a drunk guy pretty much guarantees some handsy action.

If she keeps doing this shit OP drop the bitch. You don't need that shit.
>>
>>17185008

lol oh you're from Australia. Explains it all.
>>
>>17184965
>? Do you realise that many people just enjoy social interaction for what it is
This isn't a fucking dinner party you dumb bitch.

This is a bar. Where people go to meet whores to fuck. They literally exist to meet the opposite sex.
>>
>>17185008
alright I guess i didn't realize australia was a different planet, but in the united states if a guy goes up to a girl and asks if he can buy her a drink he's basically saying can I fuck you later this evening maybe. if he buy a round for a group of girls he doesn't know, he 100% wants to fuck at least one of them

do guys really buy drinks for other guys in australia? that seems weird as fuck
>>
>>17185020
I used to do it all the time when I was underage. Never liked the guys or would so much as touch them. Just cucked n dumped
>inb4 piece of shit womyn
Yeah yeah boohoo bitch undergrad was rough
>>
>>17185041

You're a miserable human being

I don't believe for a minute that you haven't swallowed gallons of strangers' cum just to try and make it through your English degree
>>
>>17184854
bars are an environment for hookups and dating find a gf that has better hobby instead of getting shitface and being an attention whore.
>>
>>17184965
but this is a bar and people go there go exactly for that.
>>
>>17185020
>>17184854
OP, I think it's just a matter of time until something happens between your gf and some strager that bought her a drink.

If she told you that she does this, it means she has no intention of cheating on you but it doesn't mean she won't do it in certain circumstances.

Like the other Anon said, just dump her before she the cheating is consummated.
>>
>>17185048
I mean my boyfriend and I fuck like twice a day blow jobs included so probably something like that
>>
>>17184854

>So, I found out recently that my girlfriend has been going out to bars with her girl friend(s) and basically standing around until guys come up and buy them drinks.

Yes, that strikes me as proper pub etiquette. Continue.

>Then they small talk with the guys for a bit and possibly go to another bar to do the same thing.

Still in line with pub etiquette; bars are social places.

>When I made it clear that this is totally not cool with me, she acted like I was being ridiculous.

What is wrong with yo ass? You are not her master; she is able to go out with friends. If most of her friends happen to be single it isn't surprising that she'd be doing activities that singles often do. Give her a bit of trust, anon.

> Apparently no harm can come from letting strangers buy you alcohol, especially when you have a boyfriend.

While I wouldn't say no harm can come I will admit there is safety in numbers. She is surrounded by friends which should deter a lot of attempts that most creeps would use ( one guy with some pills can't carry a whole group of women out to his car nor can he take one gal from a gaggle without somebody noticing she is missing ). If you are the one picking her up ( I'm assuming you which is how you found out about/why you got upset about the activity ) then you know she is getting home safely because she is in your hands.

Moving onto the point of bars: they are designed to bring customers in to eat/drink at a premium. successful bars/pubs do this by manipulating the environment to be cozy/welcoming by designing it around social engagement: anything from appreciating what the person next to you is drinking to games like bowling/darts/pool to finding hook-ups and/or the start of a relationship. When people are engaged in something with others at a pub they stay longer which means they spend more.

In the case of your wife and/or girlfriend's friends I'm going to assume some or most of them are single...
>>
>>17185239

... In the case of your wife and/or girlfriend's friends I'm going to assume some or most of them are single. If that is the case and if my girlfriend was tagging along with her gal-pals in that same situation I couldn't fault her for it. Her friends are her friends, there is a chance they were around before I was and even if they weren't she should be able to spend time with the people she cares for.

TL;DR. This comes down to trust and accepting the fact she wants to spend time with her friends. If safety is your main concern just request that you be the one to pick her up from her night drinking.
>>
You shouldn't be pissed because you consider it close to cheating, you should be pissed because its a really shitty thing to swindle people into giving you free drinks and then leaving.
Your Gf is an asshole
>>
>>17185239

Yo I appreciate the long response but I'm really just concerned about this part when it comes down to it >>17185285

It just seems like a shitty thing to do - taking advantage of a social custom (going to a bar, getting hit on, fucking) in order to score free stuff. Not to mention the fucking part doesn't even happen. It just reinforces the whole cycle since those losers buying the drinks think they just need to keep trying harder.
>>
it all comes down to trust, OP

do you trust your girl to accept free drinks from other men and not have it go any further? If you do then you should back off and let her enjoy going out and getting free shit, if you don't well...
>>
>>17185546

>are you okay with your girlfriend flirting with and/or getting hit on by other men?

What kind of cucks are on this board??
>>
>>17184854
You are insecure and have no trust in your partner. My advise would be to rid your dumb beta genes of the gene pool.
>>
>>17185554
Just move to iran if you want to lock up your women all day because you know you are that shit of a man that she is not satisfied with you
>>
File: steveharvey_circles.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_circles.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185533
I admit I don't think I'd like being taken advantage of but I do feel that, if I'm at a bar/iBuy a lady a drink/she happens to be kept that I'm not being tricked or wasting money. Yes, the circle/cycle of this social ritual can be bothersome and often misused for the amusement of others ( .gif related ) but there is a lot of good that can ( and does ) result because of it. As much as I dislike saying this I feel it is just one of those cultural things we have to live with in societies that embrace alcohol.

Also, I seem to owe you an apology. I was under the impression you were feeling this way out of some large degree of insecurity and a small bit of behavioral disapproval but it seems to be the other way around.
>>
File: donetsk-victim44.jpg (45 KB, 380x233) Image search: [Google]
donetsk-victim44.jpg
45 KB, 380x233
It's sad. Alex was always mocked as disgustingly skinny whore who let people who despised her take steaming dumps on her chest. The same chest which neo-Nazis constantly laughed about. But of course, she relished scummy people taking shits on her chest and fucking her in the ass and then kicking her to the curb. It's strange that people like her take pride in being shat upon, but at least she imagines she has heart. That kind of imagination does show that she understands reality in a subliminal type of way, for whatever imaginary solace that's worth. But I still agonize and wish that she had chosen the way of heart instead.....
>>
I have a rather jealous husband who would probably have just as much issue as this as you do.

We've had moments where I would do something, and he would have a problem with it, and I'd be like "what did I do?!"
He would explain it carefully, reverse the situation, and ask me "would you be okay if I did this to you?"

Course the (endearing) arsehole is always right, and I end up apologizing and not doing it again, because yeah, that would piss me off.

Point of the story OP? Communication.

The worse to come out of a good talk is you discover you're incompatible and can cut your loses and find someone who is.
Even if some guys would be okay with it, you're not, and so she needs to respect that and find a solution that suits you both. Respect is important, especially when it comes to your partner.

Can you give her drink money? I mean if she wants guys to buy her drinks why not you?
And when she comes home all happy and tipsy from good girlfriend time fuck her well and hard until she can't remember her own name.

Maybe set a "boyfriend" count. For every guy she talks to she has to mention her boyfriend once.
So if her friends talked to 5 different guys, she better have said it 5 times.

I dunno this is off the top of my head, there's usually a good compromise, you just gotta look for it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.