[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone successfully tried to get anxiety medication? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: medbottleSmall-300x199.jpg (12 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
medbottleSmall-300x199.jpg
12 KB, 300x199
Has anyone successfully tried to get anxiety medication? What should I tell the doctor?
>>
>>17184398
>Hey, Doctor. Sometimes I get nervous on airplanes.
>>
>>17184398

>"I have anxiety. What can I get for that?"

It's actually perfectly fine to talk to a doctor about medicine. You're not trying to score heroin and hoping the guy isn't undercover.
>>
>>17184398
>>17184403
Don't forget you have to make it seem like you're sick and not just trying to get drugs. Frequent urination is a pretty solid, typical, easy to treat symptom... so if they ask how often you pee, say about eleven times a day.
>>
Literally all you have to do is I'm having panic attacks. They prescribe it like candy anyway.
>>
Tell him you have chronic anxiety that rarely goes away and isn't triggered by anything in particular. He'll try to put you on anti-depressants, but look up the negative side effects and say you're getting all of those. He'll probably prescribe you a low dose of kpins, since they have a longe half life and are therefore better for generalized anxiety.
>>
File: tumblr_ngdea3ts441ttj3v1o1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngdea3ts441ttj3v1o1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x500
Tell him the truth. Be open to what he suggests.
>>
File: 1453828456284.jpg (145 KB, 624x950) Image search: [Google]
1453828456284.jpg
145 KB, 624x950
>>17184398
Hey op,

I have anxiety and have been on a few different meds. Zoloft works best for me as I can still function normally on it. If you are trying to actually help with generalized anxiety I suggest getting something to take daily, like zoloft or something similar that works for you (lowest dose possible that works for you), and something like xanex for panic attacks or the really bad days.

As far as describing symptoms it can be pretty difficult to fully articulate the feelings. Explain that you always have this sense that the other shoe is going to drop, constantly. It puts you on edge. You go through these periods of being really tense and panicky then really tired. Its hard for you to control your thoughts and they often spiral down and make you very upset and stressed. You feel that you need constant reassurance from others that everything is on good standing or okay. You often go back several times to make sure that the door/window is locked, stove is off, ext. And you immediately think about the catastrophic until you can fix it.

You find yourself constantly figgiting. Sometimes if you have something like a coffee cup or papers in your hand you will worry them so much they tear or break. Its hard to sleep at night, and worrying about not getting any sleep keeps you awake even longer. You find it hard to stay in the moment or focus because your brain always trails off into horrible imagined events or scenarios. You'll get so into it sometimes that your hands will slightly shake or you'll get the urge to vomit. Situations that make you uncomfortable trigger the fight or flight response and you get very irritable or your get nauseous, in both cases you sweat or tremble.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.