[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Desperately in need of a new hobby, preferably something cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Desperately in need of a new hobby, preferably something cheap but it doesn't have to be.

At the moment my one real hobby is this online video game, and even though it has opened some doors for me to the point where I'm getting paid to coach, I'd really rather do something more practical with my time.

Gimme your best, /adv/.
>>
Hearthstone?
>>
Speedcubing? PC gaming? Masturbating? That's done stuff I do
>>
aquascaping
>>
>>17183882
done -> some
>>
>>17183873
Go hiking.
>>
>>17183877
Yea

>>17183882
Ideally it'd be learning a new skill or just something overall productive like making a PC rather than playing more games than I already do.

>>17183897
aye, the girlfriend and I take our dogs hiking from time to time. Looking more for just something to do in my downtime. Like I hsve a 4 hour gap between classes and wanna work on something when I'm not studying.
>>
>>17183873
I'm biased as fuck, but get a membership at a local rock climbing gym. Helps get you in shape, helps build balance and body awareness, helps you meet new people. It's a social sport and I'll talk to just about everyone climbing at my gym. Do bouldering to start with since you don't need a buddy to belay you and the walls aren't as high if you suffer mild acrophobia.
>>
>>17183965
That's a good one.
>>
>>17183965
I second this, you get a real sense of accomplishment when you complete a bouldering problem. It's a really nice feeling. If I could tell anyone to start one sport. This is it.
>>
>>17183902
>making a PC
kind of lame, unless you mean electronics, which is cool and fun
>>
>>17183902
What rank are you
>>
>>17184147
3 right now, been grinding tournaments since doing that and just hitting legend on the last day of the season is the easiest way of getting WCS points.
>>
>>17184196
Fuck I would hire you as a coach if you're that good if I had money
>>
>>17183902
Learn a new skill. Learn the fuck out of Microsoft office and quickbooks for business. Excel, access, data validation, data scrubbing, v lookups, pivot tables, graph visulization. Those two skillsets will be the backbone for any business logistics job you may one day find.

New hobby: geocaching. Cooking. Voice acting
>>
>>17184204
feel free to add me, man. Spiral #1159. On a salty losing streak though hah.
>>
draw comics?
learn to code?
start gardening?
>>
>>17183873

consider multiple avenues so you dont burn out? i think its good to have

>1 relaxing hobby
>1 creative hobby
>1 active hobby

my relaxing hobby is giving /adv/. i know it sounds lame but video games just dont keep me interested.

my creative hobby is writing and then often filming and editing what i write. sometimes animation. fun stuff.

active hobby i go to the gym, but i also go out and try other things., tonighti went and played dodgeball for two hours straight. went by so fast it was so fun. people shoudl be forced to play outside more its really good for you.

but consider just going on a site like meetup.com and seeing it all it has to offer. and if you can't find any thing cuz you live in a smaller area, consider talkign to everyone you know, expanding that circle and trying these things. they are loads of fun.
>>
>>17183873
biking
>>
I've taken to learning new languages as a hobby. Started with Japanese, going to start on Swedish soon. It feels like a grind, but it's rewarding.

Could learn an instrument. I play two, and id say it's a hobby that keeps you occupied. I've actually developed this nervous itch that comes sometimes when I don't have my guitar in my hands.

For video games I really just play SSBM competitively. All of my hobbies I guess are grinds that are rewarding if you like that kind of thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h27X-wADkik
>>
Play tabletop games. All you need is a couple friends, a rulebook, and a couple dice and you can have fun for hours.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.