[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I about to be fired or promoted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I work at a restaurant. I've been there for almost 8 years so I've seen a lot of changes in management. The last manager we had was a complete piece of shit so he was fired and we got a new boss. He's been here about a month or so but I haven't worked with him yet as I work the graveyard shift and he works during the day.

Cut to now. Last Saturday night I was having a health issue. That coupled with the supervisor being an unfair beeotch caused me to make the decision to leave work. She said, "oh, okay." and thus I left. I texted my boss after I got into my car that I was leaving, and he replied the next morning. Obviously I told him the situation, but I still wasn't feeling well so I didn't go up to talk to him. Tuesday I received a text from him asking me to talk to him and the district manager on Friday. If he was going to fire me, wouldn't he just fire me right on the spot? Or is he going to make a public example of me for walking out on the job? I'm freaking the fuck out here as I asked him if I were in trouble but he didn't give me an answer. I also dropped off a doctor's note today and one of my supervisors said it didn't look good, but she didn't know what he had planned. What do you think /adv/?
>>
I should also add that my numbers are consistently high and so is my attendance. I do good work, but walking out on the job is kind of a big deal especially for graveyard when there aren't a lot of people willing to work at night.
>>
They wouldn't fire you on the spot, and if you get fired it won't be publicly. Explain yourself when you go to meet your boss and, if you really are a good employee as you say, you might just get a stern final warning.

Source: I'm a manager, but also a human being
>>
No advice. Can't even imagine what you're thinking but what's really freaking you out?

Are you that screwed if you get fired?
>>
I'm not sure why you think you'd be promoted, at least based on what you wrote in the OP. Have you applied for a management position or something?

Anyway, you probably won't be fired, but they will likely warn you not to do what you did again.
>>
>>17183810
This is my first job. I guess I'm overthinking it a little but since writing that post I got a few more prospects for jobs in case things do go down south.

>>17183846
The promoted thing was because he's been struggling to get reliable supervisors and the district manager is coming all the way down here, so why would he invite the district manager all the way down here just to fire me?
>>
>>17183710
"Anon, that was rather unusual behavior for you last weekend. Are you OK? You're a valuable employee, and we don't want to lose you."
>>
>>17184665
I'm going to read this sentence over and over and convince myself this is how it's going to go down. I'm supposed to work tonight(Thursday) but he wants to see me Friday; I'll find out if I'm still on the schedule tonight and if I'm not I'll freak the fuck out again.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.