[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I move to Oregon, Colorado, or Florida? I'm out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Should I move to Oregon, Colorado, or Florida?

I'm out of college in NC and I'm looking to move to somewhere else. I hate heat, but my gf loves Florida and wants to go there. I love the mountains and rain. What would your advice be?
>>
where in Florida?? flordia mostly a hellscape other than Miami witch is still a hellscape but maybe 10% less of a hellscape. And by hellscape I don't mean the weather...
>>
>>17183657
Probably around Jacksonville.
>>
>>17183716
dunno too much about Jacksonville but I'm from Miami and I'm trying pretty hard to get out of this state...
>>
Are you dating a 65-year-old New York jew? If not, don't move to Florida. Florida isn't permanent spring break like she might think, it's actually an extremely mediocre state that just so happens to have some decent beaches.

Colorado is pretty cool. Before legal weed, it was underrated, now a lot of people only think of Colorado as DUDEWEEDLOL. Nice places, great nature.

Oregon is very hit or miss. Portland is cool if you know you can get a job there, but the market is pretty bad. There's a lot of other cities in Oregon that are starting to get there, too. Just make sure you don't wind up in some backwoods White Supremacy town.
>>
File: 1409306262174.gif (1 MB, 400x180) Image search: [Google]
1409306262174.gif
1 MB, 400x180
>>17183646

I live in Oregon. Oregon is terrible. There's nothing to do, it rains all the time and no good tours or events come through anywhere except Portland and Portland is the stupidest city in the U.S.

Its full of pretentious health food nuts, dirty street kids, pretentious hipsters and anal retentive middle aged white WASPS who keep making anything and everything unrecognizably unaffordable.

Like, I'm not paying $1500 a month to live in the greenhouse above your organic bike-seat shop simply because the neighborhood is trendy as fuck.

Oregon, however, is wonderful for mountains and rain. If hiking and all that weird outdoorsy shit is your deal you'll find a plethora of it for very cheap.

Florida is most certainly a hellscape. The few times I've been there the most exciting part has been leaving. I personally don't like swamp crotch, giant lizards and hurricanes so Florida isn't my bag. Its intense heat and stifling social scene is inexcapable. Its without a doubt the most miserable state in the U.S., right next to Arizona in the summer. Not to mention Florida's main imports are elderly people, shitty musicians, vaguely ethnic sex workers and trashy caucasians featured on the show COPS.

If you don't mind an incredibly thick concentration of white people Colorado is fine. It was a beautiful place and besides the anxiety of being the only black person in a 100 mile radius I found the area pretty exciting and bustling.

So. Colorado, I guess.
>>
Lived in Gainesville, an hour away from Jacksonville, for about two years. Florida sucks, the bugs, humidity, heat, people, seriously it all sucks. Jacksonville is always under construction and is small like Gainesville, it can be beautiful and is actually sort of nice during Nov-March but seriously FUCK Florida, it will really wear on you over time

I'm from Colorado, Denver, and I haven't lived there in over 3 years, however Denver is amazing. Lots of stuff to do, beautiful downtown, beautiful suburbs, moutains are chill, lots of great stuff. From what I hear though it's getting very popular, and more pricey to live - which sucks. Also the weather can be kind of poopy, icey roads/black snow all the time. But seriously, I'm biased but I love Colorado plus legal weed is great

I currently live in Seattle, visit portland a lot because of my bestie, I like Oregon. Portland is like a calmer Seattle, but overall Seattle is way superior. The weather sucks, always raining, and the entire fucking city shuts down at 10pm no joke, went for my 21st and it was ridiculous. But it's a cool city, I'd say that Colorado is better and less pricey for a very similar place (though I'd say Colorado is prettier.) But I have only really been in Portland. So again bias.
>>
>>17183820
This Anon is pretty on the money about how much Oregon/Portland can suck, but as I said I did like the city a lot.
I'm black though, and yeah it's true there are tons of white people in CO - but it's not quite THAT bad lol. It's gotten better OP. I'm >>17183835
>>
Why do you want to move away from NC? I live there and love it! But to each their own. I used to fantasize about moving to another state but now that I'm older I'm all set in my ways.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.