[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I date a single mom and she wants to go out drinking with her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 630x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 630x270
I date a single mom and she wants to go out drinking with her friends. I have a problem with this especially since I'll be watching her kids. Is it wrong that I am this way? She says I'm controlling. I think it's disrespectful to me.
>>
murder her kids. That'll show her
>>
>>17183626
This board gets worse and worse.
>>
>>17183615
Just break up with her. Single moms are gross, especially when they try to dump their kids on you to go party. You aren't their father, are you at a place in your relationship where you should be raising them?
>>
>>17183615
>Is it wrong that I am this way? She says I'm controlling. I think it's disrespectful to me.
How long have you been together? What are your expectations for this relationship?

If you haven't been together for more than a few years, I'd say she's out there looking for something better while she gets free babysitting. Let her do what she wants, but don't watch the kids for her when she's doing something you don't approve of.
>>
There's two different problems here, and you need to separate them.

>she wants to go out drinking with her friends. I have a problem with this
You really have no business telling her not to go out drinking with friends, so don't do it. Like she said, it's horribly controlling

>especially since I'll be watching her kids
This is a legitimate concern.
Unless this is a long term relationship and you're assuming the fatherly role (which doesn't seem the case), she's really asking for a FAVOR. If she expressed it as a expectation, and it's something you're not ok with, you need to talk about it. But don't fudge the issue with her going out.
>>
Yeah, that's shitty. She's going out so you have to watch her kids? Your aren't a baby sitter, if it was something she had to do it would be one thing, but she wants to spend free time drinking with the girls, instead of with you. Why does that mean you have to watch her kids. Unless youve dated forever and your dad in all but law, then she is using the fuck out of you.
>>
OP here. I don't think it's controlling of me. Before we got together she told me she didn't want me going out drinking. Anyway she never spends anytime with me and says she's busy and she is, but she will make time to drink with her friends and not me. I'm not talking about this incident. She will drink with her best friend in the backyard and ignore me. I'm just like fuck I'm the last thing on the totem pole so fuck it. I understand kids coming first but not friends especially in a relationship with a single mom.
>>
>>17183677
Then the issue is really with you being anywhere on her list of priorities, not necessarily the drinking. Regardless of kids, it's on both people to make the relationship work. She may just be with you, at this point, for security, stability, etc. Talk to her about it.
>>
>>17183677
Do you guys at least have sex? If she never really has time for you, does having to baby sit her kids really worth it?
>>
>>17183703
We used to almost everyday for the first six months we were together. Now we never have sex.
>>
>>17183626

kek.

It is slowly becoming /b/.
>>
>>17183706

So you're just the babysitter now.
>>
>>17183706
Talk to her about it.

It seems she is using you for stability, and if her partner (you) is of lowest priority, I think you really need to reconsider this relationship.
>>
>>17183706

Guaranteed she is cheating on you.

Besides, what kind of cunt would leave her kids alone with a man she is just dating? This is how like 98% of child molestation happens. I would have no respect for her on that account alone.

She sounds like an awful human being. You are better off without people like that in your life.
>>
>>17183677
>She will drink with her best friend in the backyard and ignore me
Only in the backyard or does she go out? Is her job demanding and worth working overtime on?
>>17183729
Slight red flags, but she's not guaranteed cheating on OP.
>>
>>17183758
She mainly drinks in the backyard but her dumbass other single mom friends are always trying to get her to go drink at this trashy bar. She doesn't even work overtime.
>>
>>17183615
>go out drinking with her friends

translation going to have a girls day out and I am going to possibly flirt with other guys or even cheat.

>I'll be watching her kids

fucking cuck not only are you dating a single mother but you are letting her go out and cheat.
>>
>>17183779
had to kek to this, sorry op
Stand up to her tho, don't let her just use you as her kid's babysitter so she can fuck a black guy in a bathroom stall.
Never date single moms.
>>
>>17183677
She's using you as a semi-permanenmt babysitter anon, stop seeing her.
>>
>>17183787
>my wife's son
>>
>>17183802
>>17183816
this OP why do you think she want to go out drinking with her friend and only wants you to babysit? she is trying to find a replacement because bars are a place to look for hookups or dates.
>>
Why do single moms get such a bad rap?
>>
>>17183837
because my tax dollars go to single mothers and they dump criminals/whores in to our society. most men in prison where raise by single mothers and girls without a father become whores because they are not revising love from a father so they seek it by sleeping around. single mothers should be ashamed
>>
>>17183867
There's a reason their husbands left them.
>>
>>17183884
mfw replied to wrong post
Was meant to reply to >>17183837
>>
>>17183615
>I think it's disrespectful to me.
It's not, she wants to have fun with her friends and you're in an easy position to take care of her kids in the meantime. Unless there's something else you have to do and she's messing up your plans by throwing this at you, then you're just being a grumpmeister by declining.
>>
>>17183837
The legal system essentially guarantees women custody of children regardless of competence. So the many cases of single mothers doing a fine job raising their children get tarnished by the bad ones.

Also, if you are a single mom, you've probably made more than a few bad choices along the way to get to where you are.
>>
>>17183615
OP listen.
Your relationship is not healthy.
Your needs are not being met- and you don't want to be stuck raising this womans children.
Talk to her, explain how you've been feeling and that you feel she's been using you.
Her drinking with friends is fine, but would she be doing all of this if she knew you weren't going to be there to pick up her problems? You might have had a good thing before- but it sounds like her bad habits are starting to come to light.
Get out before you put a kid in her and find someone that treats you well.
>>
>>17183831

Fuck I was way beaten to it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.