[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im not sure what to do /adv/, my girlfriend is planning a trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
Im not sure what to do /adv/, my girlfriend is planning a trip on going back to visit her parents she told me that she was planning on doing it for a while but only recently I found out when she was going. That wouldn't be a problem except her X lives in the same town as them and she has been very secretive about this whole trip and texting around me she used to text around me but now she doesn't anymore and any time she comes over she puts her phone away in her bag and locks it (she just used to leave it lying on the counter).

I may be a bit paranoid but she is not exact ally the most open person, she hides things from me (she said she quit smoking but in truth she was just hiding it from me). Literally everyweek she crys and complains about something ive done, she got upset and starting crying and said that I find her a pain in the ass all because I wasnt texting her all the time when out with friends. She thinks whenever I talk to another girl that im flirting with them and that makes he cry also. She wants to spend all our time together even though she says she doesn't mind if I spend time alone, she will just text me non stop about missing me and wanting to hold me.

When I confront her about problems she doesn't understand my point of view only hers. When I confronted her about her smoking she didn't understand why it was a problem and just because she wasn't doing it around me she wasn't hiding it from me. Im trying my best but its just making me hate her more and more.

I would like to be able to break up, but we both work at the same place. Also should I confront her to see if shes going to see her X?
>>
>my relationship is miserable because my girlfriend sucks

>worrying about the state of my miserable relationship being jeopardized by a trip to her parents' house.

Dump. Her.
>>
>>17183437
I don't want to break up quite yet sorry I miswrote that. But its getting to that point and if she is hiding this from me then I think I will have to, but how can I continue working at the same place with her.
>>
Bump. Also I made a mistake in the OP i don't quite want to break up yet.
>>
If she smokes she pokes. You got yourself a whore op.
>>
>>17183511
She claimed she just smoked when she was stressed out from work.
>>
Pls help. Should I confront her about her trip?
>>
Bump again.
>>
>Also should I confront her to see if shes going to see her X?
Not directly. If she lied to you about smoking, she'll just lie to you about it as well.

>she used to text around me but now she doesn't anymore and any time she comes over she puts her phone away in her bag and locks it (she just used to leave it lying on the counter).
If you're sure about this, then the course of action is simple.
Wait for her to come around. Let her know your concerns, just like you told us (being secretive), and straight out ask her if she's been in contact with her ex.
>>
>>17183597
(cont)
She'll probably said she isn't. Then, tell her you want to believe her, and that you know it's silly, but that you would be relieved if she could show you her phone.

If you phrase it reasonably (focus on yourself having a paranoia/anxiety problem, not on accusing her), she has really no choice. If she gets defensive, or acts offended, you should break up on the spot.
>>
>>17183597
Ill try that tonight thank you.
>>
She lied about something as small as smoking.... If she hasnt cheated on you yet, it's on the way.

Among the other things you mentioned it sounds like you already know what to do, so just do it. Your not in high school where walking past your ex in the hallway is a world ending event. If your not happy in the relationship and she won't work with you then end it. Don't drag this out until she does something to really hurt you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.