[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parting gift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: asfsad.png (1 MB, 900x1270) Image search: [Google]
asfsad.png
1 MB, 900x1270
Help me think of a gift for a girl who I may never see again. She is a friend, but not my girlfriend, though she knows I like her.

She'll be leaving for a few months but I might not be here anymore when she gets back.
>>
>>17183251
It might help if you give some sort of information about her (what you do with her, her hobbies, her personality... shit like that).

You'll want to give her something that'll make her remember you everytime she looks at it. Something that she can show her friends and make them jealous. Something that she'd identify her own personality with, which shows you actually know her and care about her.
>>
Picture in a nice and reasonably small frame. It sentimental, reminds her of you and all sorts of other shit like that.
>>
Why bother?

You might as well buy a meal for a homeless person.

She probably won't care about the gift anyway.
>>
>>17183313
this. She'll think it's a nice gesture maybe, but won't value it at all
>>
>>17183297
She's a co-worker. We're both chemists and we work as analysts. We're still just Bachelors. She's going away for training.

She's a really nice girl. Very friendly and cheerful. Likes to joke a lot and is a bit of a tomboy but still very feminine.

I can't say she's into anything outside of going out with friends. She sings, though, and has been in singing competitions.

She's still pretty new at her position and her current concerns seem to be with regards to her career. But I asked her and she doesn't seem to be interested in getting a Ph. D. Chemistry wasn't her first choice but she's happy being just an analyst.

She does dress a lot like Melanie Walker (Ten from Batman Beyond) like in the OP pic. Not as skanky but fashionable.
>>
>>17183251

A sex coupon that doesn't expire.

You're welcome.

/thread
>>
>>17183691
If she knows you like her, you probably don't want go overboard. You could get her something related to your field? I haven't done chemistry since highschool, so you would know more than me. Idk about chemistry, but a lot of us physics people tend to like sorta nerdy things like slide rules and shit like that. Alternatively, everyone likes chocolate, but that might seem pretty uninspired. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>17184066
>us physics people tend to like sorta nerdy things like slide rules

Wow you physicists are lame lol.

Idk, she seems like a normie than a real scientist. A normie that got into a hard science for some reason. And that's what I like about her alot.

We had a little history with chocolate. She's allergic to most chocolates but she eats dark so I got her that for Valentine's. She loved it. But I want to avoid a repeat performance and I want something that she'll get to keep this time.

What's a physicist doing on /adv/?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.