[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was complaining to my FWB that no guy has ever liked me in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: the-tempest-1851.jpg (285 KB, 1000x635) Image search: [Google]
the-tempest-1851.jpg
285 KB, 1000x635
I was complaining to my FWB that no guy has ever liked me in a romantic way and he's like "I like you" and "yeah we're not in love but it's not just shagging"

I replied by saying that was interesting.

I'm not attracted to him physically or mentally I just close my eyes and pretend he's someone else

Advice?
>>
>>17182623
Why not just find a guy you like?
>>
>>17182631
They don't want me
>>
>>17182633
What are you looking for
Like what are your standards and say a thing or two about yourself
You never know what you find out
>>
>>17182623
>I'm not attracted to him physically or mentally I just close my eyes and pretend he's someone else
FWB rarely works because someone usually develops feelings and gets hurt. He's going to be the one getting hurt, I'm guessing, because sex is made to release chemicals that bond you to another person. You're slowly becoming more than a fuck buddy to him. I'm sure he'd also be really hurt if he found out you were thinking of someone else.

TL;DR: Stop fucking this guy.
>>
>>17182641
If sex releases chemicals that bond you to the other person why do I not have feelings for him

>>17182640
I guess first and foremost they need to be incredibly intelligent. Extraordinarily intelligent

Then I'm not to fussed with face and body as long as nothing is super out of wack physically

I wouldn't know how to describe myself
>>
>>17182655
Intelligent
Okay seems fine enough, would you say you're interested in scientific topics or something close enough?

Well start with some interests and what do you value in a person or in yourself

For one i value honesty and even if a girl isn't really smart or intelligent I'd like her to be somewhat interested and enthusiastic about something and being able to listen to my "how does it work" talks is a plus too
>>
>>17182681
Science, philosophy, art, literature, politics, all sorts of things

I value intelligence and wit and a depth of soul.
>>
>>17182623
>I just close my eyes and pretend he's someone else
That sounds bloody auwful, you should probably open your eyes and get someone else. If you're not in a relationship proper with the bloke and you're not attracted to him it's pointless letting him have a go on you.

Fortunatley you've got a really good out for this one. You pair are FWB's but he's starting to catch feelings, which is the perfect time for you to say "sorry m9, I'm calling this off and cutting contact before things get messy".

Finding a replacement shouldn't be hard. Protip: register on a dating site. You'll have a hundred guys chasing you within the first twenty four hours and you're free to pick and choose the one/s you want. At the very least you'll be able to find a better looking bloke who's willing to give you one then piss off down the pub with his mates, and assuming you're not a hambeast or a hippocrocadillapig you might even snag someone who likes you for who you are and only sees sleeping with you as an added bonus.
>>
>>17182697
I'm in my early twenties and no one I liked has liked me back, so all I would be doing is swapping one dick with another
>>
>>17182696
Okay and what would you say about a guy who likes astrophysics, physics in general, well pretty much everything stem/natural sci, classical music and deep discussions without any taboo's or restrictions whos open minded to try new things
loves to cook and bake, been on every continent except asia

But
Plays video games with a friend or two and likes sci fi and isn't big on literature even tho he did read a lot when younger and now just reads casually and recommendations and has a broad sense of humor but loves casual childish jokes and immature dark ones too

Do you see those games as something bad and immature immediately without giving it a thought?

Because guys like that aren't hard to find but people miss them usually and most of them won't show it as its looked down upon in todays society
>>
>>17182749
You can like physics/classical music/deep discussions and still not be highly intelligent

I don't care about whether they play video games.
>>
obvious bait
>>
>>17182767
Good point

I consider myself intelligent enough, i hate when i have to say it like that as im not the bragging type but i got a 99.8% on a state conducted test,not sure how to translate it but its a test you take so they can see what kind of college or job you should go to, i got a Mensa membership with an iq of ~155 ranging a few digits depending on the weather and my day and i was in the top 5 state wide physics students and i do those without even studying

So yeah i think i can say for sure im intelligent and i dont like saying it as it sounds so arrogant and egoistical

Would you consider that intelligent enough?
There is more to intellect than that, average intellect is a median value of combined "scores" on multitude of fields so i don't really put too much value on that, i care more about how good a person is
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.