[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I do not believe in psychics. My father told me a while ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I do not believe in psychics.

My father told me a while ago before he use to have his PTSD from the Gulf war that he was able to make predictions of things accurately.

I have been able to do this for a while I just thought it was just picking out patterns. Whenever something important will happen to me or those around me I will have a dream about it the day before. When my cousins baby was born the day before I had a dream that she was going to have the same medical conditions as me ( my cousin and I are not blood related at all and we live in different places) I did not tell her but I told my parents and sure enough the baby ended up having the same rare medical conditions as me and it weirded me out; it also weirded my parents out. I find the more relaxed I am the more often I have these weird dreams. I am an extremely sensitive person, I especially feel people emotions around me like daggers, could it just be that I am so use to boring everyday life that I am able to pick out patterns even more now because of how sensitive I am?
>>
>>17182400
It's more likely you were just lucky/were willing to assign "I had this weird feeling" to any event that fits and then just backed it up in your head to the point you've convinced yourself you're clairvoyant

But by all means: go produce some hard data proving your claims and change the world forever and mock nationally the nitwit who replied to your bait on a Cantonese Dressing-room discussion sit.
>>
>>17182424
I have no need to be a "psychic" as stated I do not believe in that.
I thought I ask because I am curious as to why my brain does this. I think it may be because I am overly sensitive to people emotions and when I dream I play out everything in my mind then remember what I thought made most sense. I think my father was an active dreamer or something and it was just passed down to me. I do not know because I have no background in this matter I did not take any courses on psychology or anything to do with dreams.
>>
I used to be able to do it quite often untiI began taking medication. I still can feel others emotions as if they are my own. You are an empath. I would dream about the next day and the exact thing would happen even down to the words people spoke. I always know when someone has died the night before it happens. Who knows but don't think too hard about it. Honestly I've never been able to find a good scientific explaination for it if that's what you are looking for! On the other hand you could try to sharpen your skills. Good luck.
>>
>>17182400
>My father told me a while ago before he use to have his PTSD from the Gulf war that he was able to make predictions of things accurately.
>I have been able to do this for a while I just thought it was just picking out patterns. Whenever something important will happen to me or those around me I will have a dream about it the day before. When my cousins baby was born the day before I had a dream that she was going to have the same medical conditions as me ( my cousin and I are not blood related at all and we live in different places) I did not tell her but I told my parents and sure enough the baby ended up having the same rare medical conditions as me and it weirded me out; it also weirded my parents out. I find the more relaxed I am the more often I have these weird dreams. I am an extremely sensitive person, I especially feel people emotions around me like daggers, could it just be that I am so use to boring everyday life that I am able to pick out patterns even more now because of how sensitive I am?

....blah blah blah no you aren't/didn't.
>>
>>17182461
This thread not about childish behavior Anon I am just curious as to this >>17182434
>>
>>17182400

does it matter? does it happen more than you could say 'coincidence' for?

my brother doesn't believe in ghosts. insists he doesn't. but will then recount the time he had an experience with a ghost (i was there too, it was pretty freaky desu).

im a bit biased cuz i work for a psychic, but it seems that your 'ability' is completely inconsequential. perhaps fun to dissect and discuss, but not really something you need advice over. as nothing is wrong, yeah?
>>
/div/ would likely be interested in this, but I'll give you my 2 cents anyway.

According to the direct magic theory, divination is essentially the unconscious mind making calculations, and the tools are like a GUI to help the diviner make sense of the calculations performed by the unconscious mind. Since dreams are so closely tied with the unconscious, it's like a direct link, which is why precognitive dreams can be so vivid and clear in comparison to predictions made with other methods.

According to my experience, I've found intuition (primary skill required for divination) and empathy to be correlated positively for the most part: most really good readers tend to be empathic.

Experiences like yours are considered unbelievable to the general public, but some of us are barely surprised by things like that anymore. A few months ago, an anon had a dream about me and described my physical appearance despite never having seen me. The dream also included strong references to something I was working on in secret, as well as a few details. As for me, I dreamt of someone in a recurring dream for several years before meeting said person.

Experiences like yours aren't all that uncommon, but I do enjoy talking to people who have them. Feel free to hit me up:
[email protected]
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.