[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should i study?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1455109680703.png (683 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
1455109680703.png
683 KB, 1600x1065
I know this question seems a little bit stupid since nobody can precisely tell me what should i like to study but hear me out. To keep it brief, i have to go to uni next year(im 18 dont worry) and my parents are basically forcing me to chose something to study. I have no idea whatsoever what i wanna do with my life and except for math and programming im pretty much medicore at everthing.What should i go for considering that im super lazy and i dont really wanna spend my whole time there studying but also has some decent job prospects just so my parents won't complain about my choice?
>>
>>17182232
forgot to mention, i hate programming despite being quite good at it so cs is out of discussion
>>
>>17182232

>what should i go for considering im super lazy

community college. maybe just entry level wage cuck work if you're super lazy.
>>
>>17182325
I live in eastern Europe, there's no such thing as community college here
>>
>>17182343

yeah then id just probably just go work at maccas or something.

you're too lazy to pass college so at least this way you dont have the college debt that comes with your failures.
>>
>>17182355
yeah, you're right maybe I should do some shit jobs till I finally decied what I want to do but there's no way I could probably bring this up to my parents since they think very highly of myself and wish I could become a doctor or some shit that pays good
>>
>>17182389

im being facetious OP.

the point im making is that if you consider yourself lazy you need to work harder. you should not be asking 'WHATS THE BEST OPTION FOR SOMEONE WHO IS LAZY'

this is why people hate millenials. they believe we all have this attitude. dont want to be lazy. dont aspire to be lazy.

lazy implies you could work but choose not to. so why would you openly ask anyone 'WHATS THE BEST CHOICE FOR SOMEONE WHO JUST DOESNT WANT TO PUT IN ANY EFFORT?'

thats the most fat american millenial tumblr thing i have ever heard.
>>
>>17182433
But im literally asking you what's the best option for someone who's lazy. I dont really care for education nor a well paid job why are you telling to do the opposite if i dont feel like it. Perhaps later my opinion will change but for now i dont really wanna put effort in something that im not interested in and i didnt want in the first place.
>>
>>17182476

then go get that minimum wage job
>>
There is no ideal major for lazy people. It's only your first year so feel free to explore a bit. Just don't make your career decisions based on what intro class's busy work is most appealing to you.

The most valuable thing you can do is talk to actual professionals (such as alumni) in the fields you're considering.
>>
>>17182480
Yea but there's no way i will manage not to die from starvation with the money i will earn working such a job. At least here in romania thats the way it is. Maybe i should consider moving to uk or something like most of the young people here do.
>>
I so want to punch you in the face, OP. Repeatedly. Holy fuck.
>>
>>17182232
How about instead of jumping into university and spending thousands on courses, that you may or may not like,you just don't go? You're 18, this is your life.
>>
>>17182495
Kek, i would fight back and prolly beat your ass.
>>
>>17182494

or maybe dont be lazy idk.
>>
>>17182501

i think ur too lazy.
>>
>>17182501
Oh please. Your lazy little bitch ass wouldn't do anything. Stop lying.
>>
>>17182508
You're obviously not the guy that wanted to punch me in the face, but no, im not that lazy. Actually whenever i was intrested in somehing, i tried hard to become better at/learn more things about it. However, i cant see how i could turn the things im passionate about into a job
>>
>>17182546

probably cuz ur too lazy too.
>>
>>17182531
Id kindly fuck your moms ass if you asked me politely. Other than that, yes you're right i wouldnt do anything
>>
>>17182232
What are your interests?
>>
>>17182559
She would really enjoy that! Can I watch? :)
>>
>>17182546
What are you passionate about, senpai?
>>
>>17182563
Nothing special: tv series, movies, music, vidya, girls and smoking pot.
>inb4 try new things
I did and everything fell short of my expectations. I would happily live my life doing these things.
>>
>>17182588
Review popular shit (cf. GoT) on youtube, and make theories about it, kinda like preston jacobs.
-> Make money from that?

Study TV stuff and work as a kamera person for your national television?

Can you actually play music good enough people would throw you coins when you travel in the street? You could travel Europe for a while financing urself until you figured out what you want to do.

If you want a lazy study you can always study theology and become a priest in the Romanian orthodox church.
>>
>>17182619
>become a priest
That made me laugh and honestly id rather not.
And i consider all of my hobbies like eating pizza. I like to consume it not to make it. Maybe not the best analogy but you got it. However, ill try some of the things you suggested and hopefully something will work out, ill never know it until i do it. Perhaps doing these stuff while working in a restaurant is the best option
>>
well i'm from eastern yuropoor and the universities have free tuition if you can hold the competition. since there are 40 budget places and only 30 apply, you can always get a free ride.

don't know if that applies to your country, but i'm pretty confident that every eastern country is equally shit.

also study math for the 300k starting meme
>>
File: priest and bishop.png (273 KB, 482x332) Image search: [Google]
priest and bishop.png
273 KB, 482x332
>>17182654
>That made me laugh and honestly id rather not.
Why not? Fake it till you make it.

But yeah, that restaurant thing is a good idea - for a while at least, until you figured out what you want.
>>
>>17182716
Yea it s the same here but in order to keep up with the competitors you have to actually study hard and it s a complete waste of time and energy to do it just for the sake of getting a degree you dont want for free
>>
>>17182741
sometimes doing something is better than nothing.

if you get an industry job in engineering, you can earn a pretty penny.

i think that's better than still doing something you don't like(i.e. slaving at mcdonalds) and earning minimum wage.

if you earn the money now, you can later spend it on thing you actually enjoy.

that's my opinion and it's by default shit since we're on this chinese image board anyways
>>
>>17182232
Don't study if you don't want to. Trust me.

You're not super lazy, you just don't want to study. Get a job and/or travel until you know what you want to study.

OR go vocational and learn a skill like electricity work or plumbing etc.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (159 KB, 1120x635) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
159 KB, 1120x635
>>17182494
>At least here in romania thats the way it is
> Maybe i should consider moving to uk or something like most of the young people here do.

Don't be like that son. Study and put effort in, or be lazy and starve. It's up to you.

If you come to the UK you will still end up in a wage slave job depending on the area you live in. You might earn more money, but the living costs will go up.

I know a cool Romanian dude here though he's pretty innovative and does his own business stuff. Also, the Romanian girls I've met are smoking.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.