[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here try to dumb themselves down with drugs because they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 854x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 854x960
Anyone here try to dumb themselves down with drugs because they're too highly intelligent and it affects their ability to socialize and relationships (ie: dating someone more dumb than yourself)?
>>
>>17182039
you're a social retard :- ) guess you're not too intelligent after all
>>
>>17182039
*tips fedora*
In all seriousness though, it's how a lot of people cope with social inadequacies.
Not sure what advice you're looking for.
>>
I used to. It is fucking retarded. You don't have a hard time socializing because you're so smart. You have a hard time socializing because tough can't sell yourself. Being smart is a positive thing that people like and admire. Just use your intelligence to be creative and do something fun.
>>
>>17182039

>im too smart to date girls

whatever helps you sleep at night. you know, alone.
>>
>>17182039

>dating someone more dumb than yourself

im sorry, do you spend the majority of your day talking about high intelligence concepts? i have several friends who say the same shit as you.

you know what they are?
>'highly intelligent' atheists (who wait tables at buffalo wild wings)
>a perpetually single 400 pound fat man
>single old men

you arent as smart as you think you are. you got some nerdy or geeky hobbies. it does not make them intelligent hobbies.

if you were really smart you wouldn't be using drugs. and lets be real, you are not so smart that there arent other intelligent people around.

the most ironic part of your post is how you have made yourself the dumbest smart person. by your own logic, anyone more dumb than you is not worth dating. yet you expect everyone above you to be cool with your smarts.

so by your own logic, sure you are smart. but just barely enough to qualify. you are the dumbest of the smart people

congratulations!
>>
>>17182039
You're not "too intelligent" you're an asshole and a coward.
>>
>>17182039
>too high;y intelligent
You meant too dumb to chill the fuck out
>>
Don't date dumb people, there's ample choice out there.
And visit the gentleman's club, not the retard club.
>>
>>17182039
>they're too highly intelligent
Think about this you stupid faggot.

You have literally never done, said, or thought of a single unique concept your entire worthless life. You have never once said anything interesting that hasn't be said a trillion times before you were even born.

You are not "highly intelligent". You are average.
>>
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 569x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 569x1600
*tips fedora*

Smartass here, don't be a prick. And don't take your shit from House episodes
>>
>>17182039
You sound like you have asperger's.
>>
Not for intelligence, but the reason I stared smoking weed was getting told it would help with my temper. It did, still does and hasn't stopped me for being a successful if average adult.
>>
Ashton Kutcher and Madonna are very intelligent but they know enough to not be social retards. In a social situation facts don't matter. If being intelligent is the most interesting thing about you and you're not a PhD candidate, you're just some lameass poser who isn't nearly as smart as they think they are.
>>
>>17182039
You know, in programming there's a saying that you should write code that's only half as clever as it could be, because you're going to have to be twice as clever to debug it.

Social interaction isn't too different - play it straight 99% of the time, act dumber, say and do the straightforward things. You don't need to be using your smarts all the time.
>>
>>17182977
what if I am a phd candidate?
>>
I'm currently dating girl dumber than me.

>tfw no deep discussions
>tfw she writes at a middle school level and she's a sophomore in college
>tfw she just goes along with whatever I want
>tfw she loves me with all her heart and will never leave me, it'd be me leaving her

I love her but I know we're not right together, feels bad man. I'm too insecure to be with someone else
>>
>>17182039
If you're so smart you could figure out how to not be socially broken, retard.
>>
I love people that use that logic... "I'm too intelligent to socialize with less intelligent people"
That's not why you have problems.

HOWEVER, to answer your question: There are MANY people who use different kinds of drugs to alter their mindset in an effort to help themselves socialize.
Personally, I would try to find other ways of coping with your particular hang ups.
>>
>>17182039
>more dumb

OP the problem isnt youre highly intelligent, you come off as deluded and narcissistic id wager thats your problem in social situations.

Youre trying to act / speak / be way above your intellectual pay grade.
>>
Isaac Newton was an ass.

Yea OP I kind of doubt you're intelligence. My IQ is 160+, I'm 17 and already have a bachelors in chemistry.

Never once met a person who wasn't a professor who I thought was smarter than me.
>>
>>17183277
Sounds a bit like my situation except we are FWB and not actually dating. I can't see myself with her in a serious relationship, it just wouldn't work out in the end. But as someone just to hang out and play guitar with it is fine. I have accepted I probably wont talk about anything deep or meaningful with her when all she wants to talk about is an ex who cheated on her but hey whatever.
>>
>>17183827
>you're intelligence
>my iq is 160
The irony is too much
>>
>>17183861
Even Einstein could not withstand the effects of shitposting
>>
>>17183861
>>17183861
>>17183861
>17 and degree in chemistry
thats a dead giveaway
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.