[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How feasible is it to be able to pay off most of your expenses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: wage-slave-small[1].jpg (7 KB, 176x108) Image search: [Google]
wage-slave-small[1].jpg
7 KB, 176x108
How feasible is it to be able to pay off most of your expenses and then live decently working 30 hours a week or less?
>>
>being a wage slave
A smart man told me that no one ever gets rich off a salary, you need to do better things with your money besides spend it on things that don't last, buy assets that you can make additional money off of ie: land, stocks&bonds, even gambling to some extent. So ya, its feasible, but not preferred if you have dreams of living a luxurious life style
>>
>>17181782
>30 hours or less a week

Dream on

I get paid about 1200 a month in a 40 hour week

It's not much but it's not nothing either

Spending 60% Saving 40%

Planning on going into trading later
>>
Most higher paying jobs won't let you work part time, so you're looking at a life of poverty- only you can decide if that's what you're willing to echange for more time off.
>>
>>17181782

depends on a few things

>how much you make an hour
>what quality of life you want
>luck

im very lucky. i make 14 dollars an hour, at 25 hours a week. i only bring home 1400 a month, but its all i need.

my halfo f a very nice two bedroom apartment is only
>760 for rent
>75 (on average) for bills
>25 for gym
>250 for food
>90 for bus

leaving me roughly 200 bucks a month for 'extra' expenses and of course fun.
>>
>>17181782
depends how much you get for it you fucking retard
>>
>>17181886

in july i go up another dollar an hour, so its an extra 100 bucks a month. plus four months out of the year there is an extra friday, so theres an extra 1400 a year that helps pay for random expenses.

also pick up an extra editing job here or there.

im also really good at buying food in bulk so rarely spend the full 250 on food. for example
>40 pounds of chicken for 30 bucks

makes up 50% of my dinners for two months. thats pretty hardcore.
>>
>>17181855
>1200 a month in a 40 hour week
You're being underpaid.
>>
>>17181855
>1200 a month @ 40 hours a week
You are being underpaid.
>>
>>17181897
that is not the only variable to consider, see >>17181872

now who is the clown again?
>>
>>17181899
>>17181964

7.5 is minimum wage in many places
>>
>>17181964
>>17181899
It's -taxes full i get about 1800
>>
>>17181984
Yeah but most jobs I see post a minimum wage of at least $9 an hour now. Companies are catching on to the fact that it they want to attract and keep good workers, even just college students, they need to pay competitive rates.
>>
>>17181996
Shit man that is a lot of taxes...
>>
>>17181855
What do you live at home?
>>
>>17181997

>post a minumum wage

you do realize that you are not the entire country right?

if minimum wage is 9 an hour, thats what they have to pay. minimum wage is the minimum a company is legally allowed to pay you, not the minimum the company does offer.

in an ideal world we all would get a lot but if that guy is just handing out coffees, then yeah 7.50 is fine, especially in some areas where you dont need so much money.
>>
>>17182001
Welcome to germoney

>>17182005
Yes
>>
>>17182007
No I mean companies will set their own min wage. Meaning if you start to work for them the least you can make is their minimum wage, not the states. Wal-Mart and Target both pay at least $10 an hour, Wawa too last I checked. That's more than $2/hr above federal min wage. They go higher in the states that require it, but yeah.
>>
>>17182017
Why bother commenting then? I live at home too and make 1400 a month. I'm not going around claiming how I live off of my money.
>>
>>17182026

yes, but again, that does not mean they are 'underpaying' anyone. thats a bit subjective and theres a big debate on just how comfortable our lives should be but legally (and possibly evonomically) 7.50 could be fine.
>>
>>17181782

I average 34 hours as a shiftwoker + occasional overtime.

But when the basic hourly wage is 30 dollars it gets easy to attain middle class lifestyle
>>
>>17182001
>>17182017
The US is exactly the same.
Literally cant afford to leave the house and i work full time. If i got to keep some of the money i made it would be a different story
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.