[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleeping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sheep1.jpg (69 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sheep1.jpg
69 KB, 1024x768
Sup /adv/, have insomnia so I went to the chemist and got a packet of 50mg diphenhydramine hydrochloride liquid tablets. Took the first 3hrs ago, another 1hr ago. So at twice the dosage I'm not feeling any affect. I have all the curtains and windows shut, its completely dark in here but I just cannot go to sleep.

Any advise? did the chemist sell me sugar pills? I thought those weren't a thing in Australia? Or are these things just a meme?

Not sure what other board to post in, I'm not aware of a medication specif one.
>>
>>17181506
Pharmacists can't sell you sugar pills.
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride tablets not (mostly) sleeping pills. They're antihistamines that have dizziness as a side effect.
Stop taking pills because you might overdose.

You should try to get another type of sleeping pills, and apply some basic sleeping hygiene.
Talk to a doctor about your insomnia, mostly.
>>
>>17181511
>They're antihistamines that have dizziness as a side effect.
Yeah thought as much after reading the MSDS or whatever its called from the manufacture. Not even dizzy, just hightened sense of hearing so I assume my blood pressure is up but that's it.

I'm not taking anymore, the same document set the 8hr interval dosage as 50-100mg(i was prescribed 50mg) with 1000mg being rip.

Can't fucking go to the doctor for another 9 hrs, just kill me.
>>
>>17181520
Sleep is a complex thing.
Start waking up always at the same time, even if you just went to bed.
It might take a while before you find a functioning sleeping pill (it took me 3 months to find one that made me sleep + didn't make me feel dizzy all day) but having a fixed waking up schedule helped me a lot.
No computer or mobile phone in the bedroom. Put some relaxing music on and waited till I managed to sleep.
No coffee after 4 PM, no energy drinks, do some tiring physical activity.

Good luck :)
>>
>>17181511

Sorry to hear that you can't sleep. You should try ASMR (Autonomous sensory meridian response) that basically gives you a tingly sensation in the head and throughout the body making you relax by noises and sounds. Just give it a search up on YouTube and try out a wide range of sounds like tapping, water sounds, crinkles, whispering, beard scratching, eating sounds, role play and lot more! Ephemeral Rift is an ASMR YouTuber who si the most genuine guy you'll ever meet doing a wide range of videos from roleplays to beer reviews and life advice brought in the nicest way possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM_6SiFPUEg is a very relaxing video brought to you by Rift, very relaxing in my opinion but it can be different to you,
>>
>>17181543 (me)

The introduction is a bit boring so if you want to get to the part where he starts talking and such go to 2:20 .

Hope this helps.
>>
>>17181506
get away from the computer
it eats soul and devours dreams
>>
>>17181532
What pill are you taking?
>>
>>17181572
I am taking Zolpidem right now.
It still doesn't work as well as it should (takes me an hour to fall asleep even if they told me it would take 15 minutes) but I don't feel dizzy all day and I actually am rested in the morning.
I used to have problems falling asleep, but once I was past that phase I could sleep decently well.
>>
>>17181577
I take that sometimes when I'm too wired.

Would you happen to have any knowledge if the reports of it being linked to an increased risk of cancer true at all? It worries me somewhat :/
>>
>>17181586
There are some studies that show an increased chance of cancer in patients treated with hypnotics.
Don't take it as a "you take zolpidem and tomorrow morning you wake up with cancer".

Let's say that around 40% of population gets some sort of cancer at some point in their life. If it increases by 2% your chances of getting cancer, it means that now your chances are 40.8%. Not a huge change.
>>
You think it's a good idea to ask all about this to 4chan. Better Google it. This is about your health and people who anonymous here don't give a fuck about lives... So, you better Google it or just ask your doctor about it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.