[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of the professors on my campus has a policy where she gives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1453576949410.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453576949410.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1200
One of the professors on my campus has a policy where she gives 10 points extra credit for attaching your name to the anonymous surveys we give at the end of the semester. Is this worth bringing up with the administration? Every student, of course, would jump at the opportunity to get extra credit but now giving a shitty review would now be impossible since she's still preparing your final grade and you'd have to be fucking stupid to give a bad review when that's up in the air.

Am I crazy for thinking this is a huge breach in confidentiality?
>>
Yes, this is definitely worth bringing up with the administration. You can tip them off anonymously if you want and they can confirm by asking random students, that way your name is not attached to this business.
>>
That's a huge ethics violation
>>
I'm not opie but can you guys explain why this is a violation? I don't see anything wrong
>>
>>17181076
Because if your name is on the review, you're basically forced to be nice even if you want to give a bad review in case she marks your grade down as punishment for giving a bad review.
>>
>>17181076
The professor can bias her marks against students who don't rate her favorably if she knows who the students are.

By offering free marks she tricks the dumber ones into failing her class and the average/smart ones into giving her favorable reviews for a token, almost meaningless, benefit.

I have to ask, OP; Is your teacher Jewish?
>>
>>17181088
No, she's not jewish.

I guess the real problem I have with this is how subjective the class is. It's upper division psychology, and the final project is a presentation. If it was chemistry or physics it wouldn't be such a big deal
>>
>>17181027
Professor (not yours) writing here.

An insider's secret - the department already knows about it (There are very few secrets in academia), discounts all his high survey grades, and laughs at his vanity behind his back. So if he is foolish enough to think that bribing students for high evaluations is going to do his career much good, you be smart enough to grab the ten points and run.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.