[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so I'm applying for a job to work at the local ralph's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1459330186172.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1459330186172.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
Okay, so I'm applying for a job to work at the local ralph's where I live, and my mom is worried that I won't get hired because I have a vulgar presense on facebook. Tell me anons, are the people at ralphs actually gonna look at my ranty FB posts? should I take them down?
>>
Yes, they can and a lot of the time will look at your Facebook. Make your shit private or quit being an edgy sperglord.
>>
>>17180591

Maybe, maybe not.

As someone who employed people in retail for a while 5 years ago, I can tell you that I never bothered with their Facebook profiles. I didn't have time. Work was too busy, and I really didn't care.

But, I'll tell you I lost out on jobs for just having alcohol in pictures, or references to alcohol, when I was over 21 and that was perfectly legal. I didn't find out until after the fact. I cleaned up my act on social media and it seemed to help.

I am personally more tolerant of Facebook profiles than most, but now I'm in a situation where I'm hiring corporate professionals who have a resume that allow me to overlook this shit, not someone who has never held a job. My boss probably does more drugs than your average 17 year old but she knows how to build an online hotel booking platform while drunk and high and you don't.

Just clean that shit up.
>>
Try not being a spergy pile of shit on a platform where real-life people can see it.

While you're at it, don't do it anonymously, either.

You're going to look back on these days and cringe.
>>
OP here, Tbf it's not that edgy, it's just has excessive language and post relating to weed.
>>
>post relating to weed

Enough said right there... if they look they likely won't hire you just for that
>>
>>17180591
>using your real name on Facebook
>2016

Pick one.
>>
OP again, Thanks for the suggestions guys. I took some of my stoner related stuff off my wall and my more ranty bullshit. you've helped a faggot take a chance at making some cash
>>
It also depends on company policy, OP. Some companies don't allow HR/hiring managers to look at social media accounts of perspective employees.

The reason why is to keep out of court. Most companies are afraid that if they read something like you have a disability you didn't disclose and they not hire you, they'll get sued for discrimination.

https://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/staffingmanagement/articles/pages/preemployment-social-media-screening.aspx

Whether or not that policy gets followed is another thing.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.