[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having trouble with keeping my humor in check. Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Sad-Cat-Middle-Finger-01.jpg (21 KB, 511x340) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Cat-Middle-Finger-01.jpg
21 KB, 511x340
I'm having trouble with keeping my humor in check. Just for some background, my humor can get REALLY dark. Like. REEEAAALLYY dark. What I'm struggling with is the fact that is my only humor, and I feel like I'm pushing people away from me because of it. I feel like it'd be best if I just got rid of this sense of humor, and just replaced it with something else. Only problem is, I don't know how to go about doing that, or even if that's the best option. I'm sorry for such a vague post. I'm gonna try to stay up for a bit, so I can answer questions you may have.
>>
ive known a few people with pretty dark humor usually dead baby jokes and abortion jokes.
>>
What's black and white and red all over?
>>
I don't really find those kinds of jokes all that funy more of just shock humor.
>>
>>17180191
A newspaper.
>>
keep your sense of humor. phrase things in the most PC way possible so that you come off as ironic instead of abrasive. shock humor is fucking annoying to be around.
>>
Do you think it'd be funny to flash your dick to a toddler?

Or does that strike you as something unnecessary, unfunny, and so over-the-top that the only reason for it is some kind of sick personal satisfaction?

Hopefully this gives you some insight on why TOO dark humor is a thing.
>>
Depends on your kind of dark humor. If you're just an edgy Adam Sandler, yeah change that.
If you actually have good humor, just not the usual kind, that's pretty dank and as long as you don't overdo it most people will like it.
>>
>>17180191
A dead nigger (Thank god for that)

No but really, OP. Keep your sense of humor, but also adapt another one.

I have really dark humor as well, borderline sociopath. It works well with my friends, but only MY FRIENDS. It doesn't roll well with most co-workers/classmates, so I keep it more to just general cleverness and humor.

I keep both friends and general people laughing this way.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.