[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna self-hospitalize and spend a month in a psychiatric unit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1461775521173.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461775521173.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
Gonna self-hospitalize and spend a month in a psychiatric unit for about a month. Ask me anything.
>>
>>17179554

Excuse the redundancy.
>>
>>17179554
Why exactly? What treatment regimen are you planning to undergo? ECT i presume?
>>
>>17179554
make sure to commit a bunch of criminal acts before you go. That way you can plead insanity and walk away
>>
>>17179577
>>17179582

Anxiety has progressed to the point that it's starting to exhibit symptoms of early psychosis. Dealt with amphetamine-induced psychosis from Vyvanse about three years ago and have never been the same.

Got diagnosed bipolar by a neuro doc and my current psych ignores every bit of it and keeps me on bare minimum of meds. I tell her every month that things are getting worse and she blames it on the dosage of klonopin that I'm on, yet refuses to change the dosage.

Again, no ect, that's a last resort. I'm anxious, 24/7, and have been that way for the last 4 years. I tell them that it has eroded away my short term memory and ability to process information and they think I'm making shit up.

I'm lost, I'm scared. I don't know what to do. I'm paranoid and delusional beyond all belief. I'm afraid to breathe and think. I feel like my thoughts are being stolen. I was never like this before. I know that it's a schizotypal symptom. but nobody has listened. I'm afraid, I want to die sometimes, but I don't have the capacity to kill myself. I never will. I know I can make it past this. I will never, EVER give up. Even if I have to live with this shit for the rest of my life, I will never give up. I just need help. I'm scared, and I'm alone. I'm so fucking scared.
>>
>>17179554
You likely won't be there for a month. They tend to keep volunteries for less time and it depends on their availability. If someone is severely mentally unwell or already attempted suicide, they are a priority. Don't take it personally.

I don't know what there is you want me to ask. All I can say is good for you.
>>
You ever been to one before?
>>
>>17179612
I've spent some time in a psychiatric ward myself, it's very eye opening. I often feel like going back there, i'm also contemplating taking medication again - event though it didn't help the first time.

It's very difficult to find a good mental health doctor, and trying to explain your symptoms makes it feel like you're constantly being tested for lying about it.
Not trying to hijack your thread but if you have anything to add to what I just posted I would be very grateful.

>>17179614
>>
>>17179617

I ate ~25 Wellbutrin that led me to the E.R, my therapist recommended inpatient and said that I could use the former as "leverage" to get into the program. Wasn't trying to off myself, but didn't what I did or didn't do to myself, if that makes any sense. It was non-suicidal.

I want to be in a safe and controlled environment, so thanks. I have a psychiatrist who is arguing with a bipolar diagnosis that I just got and who wants to take me off of klonopin despite my having been hospitalized more than five times for panic attacks alone. I'm fucking lost.

>>17179620

This may or may not be my fourth time there. It's embarrassing. They think simple because of the fact that I drank booze in the past means that I have no accountability and am only due to take what they feel is right...as opposed to other doctors I've seen who almost verbatim said "Listen, I don't like prescribing this, but, given your circumstances, you need this;" they ignore all of that.

>>17179630

Thanks, I'll find my way over that way in a bit.
>>
>>17179638
I was just asking if you'd been so you wouldn't be shocked once you're there, but it looks like you already know what's going to happen and what it's going to be like.

I've visited too many friends in these places, and two of my exes, and they were all miserable in there.

Good luck to you. Hope you can work out your problems.

Listen to "Times of trouble" by Temple of the Dog. It's about heroin mostly but the last verse really hits hard for people going through an ordeal. There's always hope.
>>
>>17179554
>>17179612
>>17179638
Your faculties are obviously impaired and you are on /adv/ so shouldn't you be asking for /adv/ice ?
>>
>>17179655
OP never said they were taking advice, they just asked if anyone had any questions about being in an inpatient facility
>>
File: freaks.jpg (46 KB, 500x559) Image search: [Google]
freaks.jpg
46 KB, 500x559
>>17179612
Anxious and bipolar and someone thought it was a good idea to put you on vyvanse? The fuck?
I mean i've ended up in the ER (NMS, not fun) from stupid prescriptions before (psychs kept trying benzos and antipsychotics and shit despite the fact that i'm a goddamn narcoleptic and normally take stimulants 24/7), but your case sounds like a special kind of fuck-up.

>I tell them that it has eroded away my short term memory and ability to process information
I know that feel, my memory's fucked to hell too. It's why i'm hesitant on ECT myself. I blame it on the depression personally (10 years now, treatment-resistant). The anxiety certainly doesn't help though, i'm sure.

I guess the strangest part is that i'm not exactly like you. Somehow i seem to be completely resistant to all kinds of delusions and psychosis. Even tested it a couple times with excessive sleep deprivation (eg 6 days last time) + extra dosage amphetamines, nothing at all even when a normal person should have psychotic symptoms. My guess is that something is wrong with dopaminergic transmission, would actually help explain the depression and type 2 narcolepsy as well.

>I will never, EVER give up. Even if I have to live with this shit for the rest of my life, I will never give up.
Good man. I feel the same.
Sometimes I wonder what even keeps us going. I don't really have that much to live for, to be honest. You?
>>
>>17179638
>This may or may not be my fourth time there

Hospital inpatient psychiatric unit?
Not sure how it works in other states/countries but if you go to those too often they can end up forcing you to go to a state facility (where the average stay is more like 3-4 months).
>>
>>17179678
so are we to be taking mental health /adv/ice from someone about to enter a psychiatric ward ?
>>
>>17179638
>wants to take me off of klonopin
What do they want to put you on instead, lol?
Sounds like you do need a better long-term maintenance treatment though, if the anxiety's still bad.

>>17179697
For all we care the advice could be about what kind of shoes to bring.
>>
>>17179706
as far as shoes go bring something without laces or take them out before you get there, makes sure they're comfortable and easy to get on and off.
>>
>>17179612
I must apologize for my other medical professionals who do not listen to you enough. I promise to try to not be so cynical.
>>
>>17179638

you're on klonopin. what possible drug could you want that is more addictive/effective?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.