[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's it like to be a farmer? I'm currently going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1463959665684.jpg (641 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463959665684.jpg
641 KB, 768x1024
Who's it like to be a farmer?
I'm currently going to college and just taking the basic classes and thinking about maybe becoming one since according to my teacher they need some younger people in it.

Is it stressful and can it give me time to focus on hobbies?

I'm a techy type of person, can anything techy be applied to farming? Robotic farm?
>>
File: 1463967391941.png (355 KB, 800x1336) Image search: [Google]
1463967391941.png
355 KB, 800x1336
Also forgot to add, but my teacher doesn't mind teaching me the ropes since it gives him an extra hand
>>
>Is it stressful and can it give me time to focus on hobbies?

Yes and no. I grew up in a farm town. You'll be stressed as shit, physically tired at all times, and have little to no time for hobbies. Not much "techy" shit to be applied.
>>
>>17179377
How is it stressful? because lack of money, or because of the weather
>>
>>17179417
both, and your going to feel physically run down 24/7 and want to die.
>>
Im here in germany and my farmer friend is basically the hardest working person I know.

he get up at 5am on days with good weather and works until 11 pm, mostly sleeping only 3-5h.
Hobbies? no way
Money? his farming efforts basically net him 0 income, his family depends on having a fruits and vegetables shop
Machinery is costing hundreds of thousands of investments and you dont really have the qualifications to calculate for investmens this big. So it's also pretty risky.

I really dont envy anyone with that job.
>>
>>17179417
You cannot take a day off, ever.
>>
>>17179428
>>17179475
Well shit, guess I'll look for another career then
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.