[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you work on a boat for 6 months? I got offered a job as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1462998029172.jpg (29 KB, 494x482) Image search: [Google]
1462998029172.jpg
29 KB, 494x482
Would you work on a boat for 6 months?

I got offered a job as a Youth Staff on a huge boat but I'm scared that my social life is going to die. I will only live with and for that boat.

Also, I'm scared because I need to live somewhere and have no family or money. I know that working on that boat would sound tempting then, but i really fear that i'm going to cry every night in my bed, next to my cabin mate (cuz of course we have to share a really small cabin) and wish i was dead.

please help
>>
>>17178933

Yes I would, it'd be an adventure and you should do it.
>>
>>17178933
Do it faggot. 6 months is no time at all and you'll have stories to tell later.
>>
>get to sail around for 6 months
>youth staff

So you get to go on a boat adventure and be the cool dude role model/babysit?

Shit that sounds cool. It might be weird socially but I'd do it. Just chat up people in your off time. It'd be a great story and very interesting thing to put down on your employment/work history.
>>
>>17178936
>>17178978
>>17179007

ok but before i do that, i have a medical check up that costs £400, then i have to fly to london to get a visa, then fly to the boat, and i have to pay for everything
>>
>>17179038
Will you make good money taking the boat job?

How are you going to spend your time if you don't?

If all you're going to do is sit around and eat cheetos and work at the chip shop, you're missing a big opportunity.
>>
>>17179038
>and i have to pay for everything

that sounds fishy as fuck. You should have a working contract where it's CLEARLY stated that you are employed by X company/employer. And even if you had to pay transportation to get to England, they have to help you with the visa, medical checks, and help you getting there.
>>
>>17179088

THANK YOU
Everybody else seems to think that i just got THE dream job, they are clearly blinded by the cruises propaganda.

Do you know someone who has done the same job and was helped for everything? or at least the medical check up or airplane
>>
>>17179106
I worked for Norwegian cruise line a couple years ago in addition to maersk the container ship company . I had to be medically screened before I could ship out but it was at a doctor near me they chose, then they paid to fly me to the ship. Making you do this on your own dime is not industry standard.

Bizarrely enough with maersk the ship I was on came into the port I live in 2 days before my ship date yet instead of letting me on early they flew me halfway across the country to Houston to meet the ship there.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.