[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I work at an old folks home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 535x577
should I work at an old folks home
>>
>>17178680

the definition of should is
>used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions.

so it depends on the context. cuz i see no reason why you inherently should you sad meme face you.
>>
>>17178680
If it pays a fair amount for the work you will be putting in then yes, absolutely.
>>
>>17178680
Do you find old people sexually attractive?
>>
>>17178680
That's a tough job that requires lots of patience. But it can feel highly rewarding.

You have to not mind getting into the deeply disgusting parts of the job. Such as possibly restraining, handling crisis, and wiping old people's asses without cracking a smile or gagging.

I've worked for developmentally disabled adults. Basically if you've ever wondered where the retarded children go when they're all grown up, they are put into group homes and taken care of by staff.

I've had to shower, shave, dress, and wipe the asses of old men with the mental capacity of babies.

It's a high burn-out field. Low pay, lots of hours. A lot of shady coworkers that get caught stealing, abusing, etc. A coworker of mine got frustrated with a client and sprayed windex in her face.

It's a sad job. If you're going to do it, be prepared to move on to something else in a few years.
>>
>>17178692
work experience then itll turn into paid job if I do well
>>
>>17178696
just will be working in dining room serving them drinks
>>
>>17178725
Then go for it.
>>
>>17178733
also teaching them how to use facebook and watering plants
>>
>>17178747
bump
>>
>>17178680

I used to work at a nursing home during weekends, it's a tough job but if you like making a difference you will enjoy it.

Future employers may also value it as it shows that you care about others and you gain excellent communication skills.
>>
>>17178725
Sounds great then :) definitely go for it man. If you don't like it, you can always quit
>>
>>17178680
I volunteered in HS. To be very honest with you it caused me depression. I guess it depends on your fortitude.
>>
>>17178803
mabey
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.