[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guy turned me down for a stream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: AmhC4t9.jpg (32 KB, 633x529) Image search: [Google]
AmhC4t9.jpg
32 KB, 633x529
>chatted a awhile on OKC
>Asks m out
>He asked me what day I'm free
>I tell him Friday and Thursdays. But tells me he can't make those days
>Those are the days he does his Twitch Stream. I work every other day except for those two
>He turns down a date with me for streaming Overwatch and I don't know how to feel about it
>>
>>17178459
Youre a bitch and incapable of understanding his needs nor do you care since you only think of your needs.
His stream is like his baby. It could be a source of income or he could be trying to rise to fame with it. Its not just some little thing he can blow off. You want him to blow off his aspirations for you and you couldnt be more of a bitch for it.
>>
What advice do you want? Not sure what to tell you. He's invested in his hobby.
>>
It's a value call. Personally I would have picked the date but I have different values. He's invested more time with his hobby than you thus far. Perhaps that would change if a relationship formed, if not I'd bail.
>>
>guy i just met doesnt put me on a pedestal and i dont know how to feel about it
maybe earns money by streaming?
>>
>>17178473

He said it's a hobby of his and doesn't make money off it but doesn't want to disappoint his twitch followers...
>>
>>17178459
Overwatch is very hyped for, so him streaming it on release date could gain him a lot of of followers. It would be dumb for him to miss on that opportunity. Just reschedule for the next week? It's not like he's gonna be streaming those exact days.
>>
Let's all feed the obvious troll on some gender hypocrisy ticket yay, you fuck wits
>>
Are you fat?
>>
>>17178480
I'm guessing he means he doesn't make enough to be a full-time job, but trust me he is making money.
>>
So we're still feeding huh
>>
File: 155.png (14 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
155.png
14 KB, 220x300
>>17178459
not so br8 b8 m8, i would r8 8/8 but w8...eat a bag of dick
>>
>>17178459

>he doesn't immediately treat me like his top priority
>fuckboy symptoms
>>
>>17178466
I mean she might not understand his interests or whatever but I think you are being harsh desu
>>
>>17178459
So you don't want to move your work schedule around to accomodate him but you expect him to reorganize his schedule for you, lest he be a "fuck boy"? Is that really what this thread is?
>>
So he plays games all day thurs and fri? If so, then yikes, friendzone him and move on.
If not, then what's wrong with a day date?
Or next week are you free on different days? If he gives another dumb excuse on different days then don't even bother with him.

If it were me though I'd friendzone him as soon as he told me that.
>>
>Meets on OkCuck
>Expects him to drop something important to him to meet you: a random person he has never seen once in real life
>he is the fuckboy instead of you being demanding and inflexible
>>
SO YOU STILL FEEDING IT HUH
>>
>>17178466
Streamers are fucking cancer and almost never make money. There are only a handful of lowlifes that actually turn a profit. The dude is definitely a delusional hack.
>>
First time meeting someone other than a thirsty nigga huh OP?
Welcome to the real world.
You're unique, not special.
>>
>>17178459
>>He turns down a date with me for streaming Overwatch and I don't know how to feel about it

it doesn't matter what he's doing, it's stupid to expect a random from the internet to drop his schedule to meet you. you're not that amazing.
>>
Drop him OP like I would drop my hobby for you
>>
Whats his twitch channel?
>>
You use tumblr, don't you?
>>
That would be because you're not important enough to warrant him changing his plans.

He's also probably correct, good for him.
>>
>>17178459
You really think this is going somewhere?
>>
More related in OP's pic, what are fuckboy symptoms. Is being more interested in your hobby then going on a date with someone who met online being a fuckboy?
>>
>>17179906
Doesn't sound like she described a fuckboy. To me fuckboy is something like a frat bro douche bag kind of goy
>>
>>17178480
He already made a commitment to it and it is part of his life. Gtfo or live with it.
>>
File: 1464054660790.png (40 KB, 400x422) Image search: [Google]
1464054660790.png
40 KB, 400x422
>>17179030
>Stream games for friends and few fans
>Have a comfy time with people who enjoy you
>Not in it for becoming rich and famous
Not everyone streams to be the next pewdiepie
>>
>>17178459
>Guy declined because he had a prior commitment, better go bitch about him

This is why you aren't getting any
>>
>>17179906
>>17179910
Fuckboys are the smooth talking losers who make women feel silly for allowing them into their pants.

I guess if he sounds like a guy who's not all sweet and nice to just her, and has other options/lives a life outside of her, he's a "fuckboy".

Notice how it's only guys she likes who become fuckboys though, so she probably knows well in advance what the risks are but doesn't care.
>>
>>17178459
he sounds like a man child. im sure he could spare a day of playing a video game to go on a date. this is sad. if he is seriously this invested in a hobby, you should think twice.
>>
Jesus christ there are a lot of faggots in here. "Boo hoo youre a bitch cause he likes playing minecraft!"

What the fuck is even the point of signing up for a dating service if youre not willing to go out with women on days so close to the weekend?
>>
>>17181428
Maybe to go on dates that actually fit your own schedule?
>>
>>17181428
So it's ok if OP doesn't want to adjust her schedule for this guy, but he should have to change his? Just so he can go on a date he's not even sure will turn into an actual relationship?
>>
>>17181432
but he is only playing video games, its not like he is working like op. he is literally not going out with her so he can play a game all day while a handful of people watch. he is a child and clearly isnt even ready for a relationship
>>
>>17181447
Female entitlement, ladies and gents.

>but it's just a game!!!
So go find another guy to bitch about. Christ.
>>
>>17181447
And OP just has less value than that. Maybe she should try loosing some weight or something then. :^)
>>
>>17181449
im a guy, and i play games too. its just a hobby, putting it before other people is silly, and he could literally do both. if someone cant go outside because they are playing games, they need to reassess their life. games are meant to be a form of entertainment, not a life style, it isnt his career. it isnt female entitlement, op is working for money, you know, to live and be successful?
>>
File: attachment.php.jpg (13 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
attachment.php.jpg
13 KB, 360x361
Yeah but Overwatch is huge right now, and one of the most important things about streaming is keeping consistency. Even if it's a hobby it's still important to him.
Wtf is wrong with the 5 other days of the week anyway? If you, OP, are actually real and not bait, then chill out and just find a better day for it. At least the guy is actually committed to an activity.
>>
Normie girls aren't gonna get it.
The idea of a guy choosing "videoogamezzzz XD" to non gamer girls hit seems cringey, and Cheetos fingers tier. They don't understand how it's a legitimate hobby, social affair, source of income, and requires skill
>>
>>17181459
>It isn't female entitlement
It is. Its just like guys here kissing and moaning that a girl would rather sit at home doing nothing or watching Netflix than go out with him.

Yeah it's frustrating but at the same time you have to see this from someone else's perspective. Just because you really like someone or are interested and want to meet them, doesn't mean they feel the same just yet. OP could've offered to change her schedule or accommodate him, but she didn't. So why should he do the same?

I do things for fun, and my main hobby right now is taking photos when I'm out and about. If I told a girl that I couldn't meet her because I was planning on going out to photograph that evening, and she threw a shit fit about it, shed be permanently dropped. Especially if her train of thought was "fuck you your pictures probably suck and you don't make a lot of money from it anyways".

Understand that he has this part of his life pretty laid out already so you'll have to figure something out. Or don't. And go meet someone with compatible interests/compatible schedule.
>>
>>17181473
>hobby
>social affair
>requires skill

Most people don't mind rescheduling a hobby for a chance for a date
How is going on a date not social??
Already said guy isnt making money off his stream
Only valid point is that it takes skill to be good at a video game
>>
>>17181473
Maybe he's using it for portfolio. Maybe his day job is programming but he really wants to be a video editor. In that sense >>17181473 is right. Just because it's not a primary source of income does not mean it just a "hobby" and worth some stranger from fucking OKC of all places.
>>
>>17181476
If a girl would rather sit at home and do nothing or watch netflix than go out with someone then she most likely isn't interested in that person

You could always take photos some other time and just go on the date, or even invite the girl to go with you to take those photos

To OP, he either isn't all that interested in you, or doesn't have his priorities straight, just forget about him and move on
>>
>>17181476
i am seeing it from the guys perspective. a few of my friends are the type that dont do anything but sit in and play games, i used to be the same.

i would be saying the same thing if it was a girl doing something similar. its the fact that its obviously alot harder for op to change her schedule because its a job, and couldent the guy stream in the morning and go out in the afternoon? i doubt his followers literally watch him all day, and if it a case of "meh, i like playing over watch", he clearly doesent like her or want a relationship. photography is different because you have to plan it out, and set a day aside. for video games, he just has to turn on his pc.
>>
>>17181491
>you could take photos some other time
That's not how it works. If the weather and lighting aren't ideal for the images you want, it wont work.

>or invite her to go with you
I would love to do that. But I doubt most women would enjoy it, a lot of walking around but also a lot of standing and waiting for light to change etc so it's a pretty solo thing. I'd rather not do that with someone I just met, since I'd be too focused on my hobby to be present with that person. Maybe if we were a few months or more into something steady and could enjoy the moment together.

Again though, I ask, why couldn't she change her schedule? At my job you can request shift swaps and stuff all the time. But she is up her own arse and wants the guy to move and change and sacrifice for her while she offers none of that in return. It takes two to tango. Does she work so much every day that she cannot meet him some time during those days? It sounds like a lot of bullshit to me.
>>
>>17181459
You're not a guy

You're a bitch too
>>
>>17181497
You clearly don't understand that his followers don't sit at home with no lives of their own.

It's like you saying "well why don't they move a popular show to the 11am slot? They can just watch it in the morning"

Oh right, things called school, jobs, etc
No, they have their lives and they have a set time to watch a stream
>>
>>17181497
Bitch, he doesn't even know her yet.

You entitled cunt, expect him to just drop his life to accommodate her.

She'll probably use him for some free meals and then never talk to him again.

Cunt cunt cunt
>>
>>17181540
>expect him to just drop his life to accommodate her.
>his life
he is spending two entire days playing a video game, that isnt a life.
>>
>>17181540
This, but with less rage. If he's already online dating then he might as well have the chance to find someone on his level, since he's literally got the whole world in his dating pool. Why settle for some bitch to spend money on nearby if he can find an ideal match a bit further out.
>>
>>17181550
i doubt he is going to find any decent women if he spends two days streaming a video game.
>>
>>17181535
how long do streams normally last?
>>
>>17181570
Lol I know plenty of geeky guys with awesome girls who enjoy gaming with them etc.

I'm actually a bit jealous because I'd like nothing more than to have a girl I can relax at home with, killing time on games or anime or whatever.
>>
>>17181589
yeah but finding them online? its hard enough for normie guys to get anywhere with girl on dating sites. most girls will think he is cringy.
>>
File: 20151013_203732.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151013_203732.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>17181570
Nigga this is my husbands and my setup. We met on a /soc/ ideal mate thread 6 years ago on opposite ends of the planet, and we're both game artists. This shit happens. I refuse to tell people to just "settle".
>>
>>17181593
>most girls

Meh, I am not after "most girls". Most girls don't interest me all that much either if I am honest.

I know I am not the only guy who thinks like this, and I know that nerdy and "gamer" girls represent a niche that men are attracted to.

Perhaps I would be better off with a girl who's healthier but has a geeky side. I keep falling for fat girls because they seem so nice and sweet, but they're either taken or uninterested. And I get attention from thinner, healthier girls but "don't want them". I wonder if it's low self esteem since the last time I dated a pretty girl it was a huge mess.
>>
>>17180396
What a waste.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.